Bdk dealing with necrotic

Hello, just starting to tank m+ what is a good stack of necrotic to try and drop stacks when tanking trash.

Well tbh that is kinda a thing you can only answer yourself with experience doing it and how much you healer can keep you up. Personally i can go really high but my DK is a dwarf so i can just clean the stack with my racial.

But if you wanna play it safe at around 15 start kiting to take them off.

Best way to deal with it is using your cool-downs at the beginning! Then when youre getting around 30 stacks drop DnD make sure youre dropping it so the mobs are just on the edge of it and kiting until you drop stacks. The 90% slow is very strong you should be able to drop stacks every time you need to do this. The only time you should have issues is if mobs cannot be slowed like the peacekeepers in ML or giants in FH. I would suggest picking up some skystep or lightfoot potions for that! Pop one and kite for your life until you drop stacks!

Alright thanks for the replys, I’ll keep try 15 and see what I can handle from there if it’s not to bad.

Dancing rune weapon makes makes you accumulate stacks extremely slowly . Parried hits don’t apply necrotic. Rotating DRW, VB and Icebound to face tank , get a good amount of threat and then kiting with the 90% dnd slow when you run out of juice is the way you deal with it.

A lot of it is on the dps/heals also.

If the dps is low and they don’t give you windows to help drops stacks you will have a hard time.

Most importantly you want to make sure that your DPS are killing the unkitable mobs first, e.g. Freehold enforcers or the mounted guys in Siege Of Boralus. If those aren’t dead then you won’t be able to drop stacks unless someone taunts off you first.

I assume spec into blooddrinker to aid in healing while kiting

Idk about m+ perse, but I always roll red thirst final tier because I plan on using vampiric blood as often as possible by rotating tf out of rotation.

Usually get vampiric blood often when extremely busy doing rotation.

Maybe I’m weird because I’ve seen a lot of dks advocate for using bonestorm but I like what vampiric blood does more and fits perfectly into my play style.

Between DnD kiting and dps aoe stuns its not to hard to drop necrotic. I also run with a resto druid and warrior who can typhoon / taunt unkiteable mobs and leap away which helps.

Bone storm makes reaping a joke. If you’re doing M 10+ dungeons Bone Storm is irreplaceable.

Good to know, thank you