BC Timewalking Overtuned

I swear I’m starting to hate Arcatraz just because I don’t want to have to explain how to do pulls every dungeon lol.

Kill both packs of archers, kite the void elementals around so they don’t heal, there’s hidden demons in this room, don’t heal the person with gift, stack for meteor, :skull_and_crossbones:

2 Likes

Arcatraz in my opinion is the only place that there is any real issue, CCing is almost a waste of time due to 90% of mobs being immune. The mobs are way over-tuned.

We wiped on the very first pull due to our own stupidity I will admit but after that we controlled our pulls and just fighting one mob took almost as long as killing the bosses, the bosses almost seemed under-powered.

Take Dalliah the Doomsayer for example before even when properly geared for that dungeon on heroic she hit hard and she healed fast if mechanics weren’t followed she had always been a headache and a source of frustration to many. We took her down faster than what it took to kill the Blueberrys, (and yes we were sure to kite them around out of bad so they would enlarge and fully heal).

Overall Mobs were over-powered bosses were under-tuned.

1 Like

Don’t pull groups into locations where a fear can run into a pat or group. Learn how to LoS pull.

I ran Arcatraz twice yesterday. If you play the game appropriately, there are no issues. It’s only if the group tries to faceroll their way through the dungeon that you may find yourself having problems.

3 Likes

We beat it it without any real issues outside stupid mistakes on our part, but I still feel it is a bit overtuned and then add on top of that when running with pugs that never ran the place to begin with can make it a tad harder than it really is.

Don’t confuse my issues with not knowing how to run the dungeon, i was only offering my personal opinion on the matter. I already admitted that the only mistake was believing we could just plow through it and once it brought us back to reality we compensated and got through the place.

On some level I agree, I wish the ilevel scaling would cap at what BC T5 ilevel is instead of BC dungeon blues gear cap, and it would be nice too if rewards were better, but I have not encountered the issues you are describing, even having tanked arcatraz this week.

The flip side is that TW lets you use overpowered items from other expansions because of the level scaling. Are you and your team utilizing previous legendaries and even last expansion’s set bonuses? Are boss mechanics being properly executed? I know for instance, the boss in arcatraz that heals is a tricky one for groups unprepared

Even with the difficulty being slightly above faceroll. Boss fights feels almost tank and spank in simplicity. Don’t stand in the bad is a pretty universal rule that everyone should know by now, but none of the boss fights did I find the need to do anything significantly complex to complete them. Something that I find a little bit disappointing, to be honest.

I don’t agree though. My runs have felt particularly easy to be successful, even if the group initially doesn’t realize that they can’t faceroll the place. On one occasion I did get stunnlocked and couldn’t heal, so I mentioned to the party that this was happening and that they would have to interrupt or CC and it seemed like at least someone listened (probably the tank) and adjusted their technique to compensate.

At the end of the day, if you are getting through the dungeon without any fear of actual failure, then the dungeon isn’t over tuned in my opinion. In fact, failure should be a possibility for the dungeon to remain a challenge and appropriate. Most, if not all, dungeon experiences outside of Mythic+ rarely provide any chance of failure IMO.

I can agree I do like a bit of a challenge and when running with my guild mates we had no problems excepet the ones we made for ourselves via stupidity lol but for your average LFG pug group I can see where the overtunement could present an issue coupled with people that skipped that content entirely.

also i ran that content when it was current and to advantage of those heroics running full t-5 or t-6 gear gave more of an edge for us compared to now when people are given the bare minimum requirements to run it.

I never have an issue as I’m usually the one being the tour guide in groups, briefing tanks to move the warp lords out of their empowerment beams and for groups to stack for infernal meteors, but OP was complaining that boss fights took too long, and here am I wishing that it was Botanica that was in the TW playlist instead of arcatraz, along with it’s notoriously long stretch of trash mobs and 5 bosses.

I do agree with the general consensus that reward structure for TW should be re-evaluated. Bunch of guild members who didn’t have alts that needed gearing straight up decided to skip TW this week once they saw it was only a 385 reward.

Or maybe you know, not have ridiculous scaling in content that leveling toons can queue to. If I actually wanted dungeons to deal high damage and need attention and avoid pugs/leveling/underperformance,I would do M0 and M10 keys. Having content with high/ridiculous damage on a LFD/random puggable queue is the most stupid thing I’ve seen since the attempt to permanently remove flying back in WOD. And this is why I’ve avoided wotlk/bc tw due to how it’s potentially harder than even a 10+ key in some places. Moreover,I already often struggle to find a reason to do heroic dungeons, if they buff them I’ll never queue againfor them. If you believe random matchmaking content needs to be harder than a +10 then you must be looking to kill matchmaking, because it’s a massive step backwards. If a fix must be done,it’s to give drastic nerfs to bc/wotlk and put the content in a similar and reasonable difficult curve for all tw dungeon events.

3 Likes

Did you seriously just compare the TW BC dungeon expeirence with Mythic+10?

I LFD pugged a bunch of them on my 100+ Holy Priest and it wasn’t anything comparable to Mythic level challenge.

Are you being serious?

1 Like

Yes, my dk on +10 dungeons is never anywhere CLOSE to getting 1-2shot unless I screw up and stand on crap/fail to interrupt. On some TW dungeons(most of bc ones and some of wotlk ones) like shattered halls I’m being wrecked superfast without being able to do much about it. It feels way worse than doing a +10, exactly how fair it is?

1 Like

You guys keep saying “team” “guildies” etc implying an organized group in LFD content. It should be near impossible to fail randomly generated content (like Crown Chem dungeon, though I’ve wiped there too lol) for any level of player. Like how they were prior to scaling.

1 Like

You probably never notice the possibility of being 1-2 shotted because your healer has your back. If you are getting 1-2 shotted in BC TW it’s probably because you are doing something stupid like running around a corner, up the stairs, or just not using any of your mitigation or self healing in an attempt to faceroll the dungeon without any consideration for these stupid mistakes.

As a healer, I see players like you all the time, who think they are indestructible despite the fact that it’s their healer that’s keeping them alive most of the time.

Slow down and stop trying to brute force your way through everything.

4 Likes

Stop lying. I decided to help a healer who raids mythic and is one of my friends to get some TWs done but after we tried 2 dungeons we decided it wasn’t worth it. He was going oom thrice as fast compared to m+12s on fortified weeks and I even died sometimes due to overturned single trash packs. So please stop, you think you know better and I’m sorry to break your bubble but if a single trash pack is killing me sometimes even with a great heal, the content is genuinely overscaled/broken.

2 Likes

I’m not lying. I’ve been playign a healer for 10+ years and have 6 healing class characters. The game isn’t that hard, especially not TW BC.

What is annoying though are the “gogogogogogogogo” players who try to brute force their way through every thing in the game.

And don’t get me started with Death Knights. They are notoriously difficult to heal because their players just wont utilize their kits to keep themselves alive because it might diminish their standings on the DPS meter. Especially if you are the DK tank.

So no, TW BC is not as hard as Mythic level dungeons. That’s just silly. The problem is most likely your inability to pay attention to whats going on in the game outside of your obsession with topping the DPS chart. Slow TF down and you’ll find that you wont be dying to stupid so much.

Do I need to make another video to prove people wrong about difficulty levels?

3 Likes

If we’re comparing anecdotal evidence, some of these dungeons have taken me thirty to forty-five minutes. I’m still not done with the quest that offers an emissary level reward.

1 Like

Que time is horrible for dps but instant for tanks. chest reward feels underwhelming since its always going to be 385 gear lvl where you’re not going get lot people to do these runs because 385 reward. Since we got rid chest mission we can’t find a way to get gears for raids for those who might be struggle for late heroic or mythic progression and tbh I liked that chest mission. If you did something like chest mission in WoD and Legion where you kill 12-15 bosses depending on difficult level your chest will be heroic or mythic level that could draw more people to do TW.

I’m paying attention and you think I’m that kind of tank who expects to mass pull and survive stuff. Well, you are wrong right on the spot. And I’ve pushed both on time and not on time +10 keys and I don’t face 1-2 shots issues unlike TW. Stop being sthereotypical, just because you’ve never seen a dk well played it doesn’t means they don’t exist. The many times I died on bc tw before I stopped doing it I had either all the cds up or they were on cooldown. They were single packs, not multi-pack pulls or the likes.

Again, stop the lies. I’m not chain pulling carelessly and I use cds on a regular basis when I drop to 50% or lower, and even so I get killed FAST sometimes.

The moment you started to stereotype me with something I’m not and most good dk tanks aren’t is when you lost credibility to me. Just stop.

1 Like

There’s no other possibility for you failing at TW dungeons like you say you are. The only times I’ve ever had a tank die on me was because he either ran ahead, ran out of LoS, pulled to many, pulled a pat or fear pulled because he was poorly positioned, or where I got stunlocked because nobody was interrupting or CCing a problematic mob.

Seriously, you are being overly dramatic about this and it’s most likely because you’re doing something stupid, not paying attention, or expecting to be able to faceroll the dungeon. Slow TF down and stop trying to brute force the game.

I shouldn’t have to do this but… Video incoming.

I’m saying it one more time: STOP,FOR CHRIST’S SAKE. Im NOT that kind of tank who wants to rush dungeons,I just want to get them done right. If I’m taking almost 1 hour to clear arcatraz and sometimes dying then its broken. There is no discussion to that,in that time I could’ve done a +10 and never die a single time in the whole dungeon. So it’s not worth my time at all, claiming the bc/wotlk dungeon scaling is fine is a logic fallacy. Video or not, I’m not taking you serious even for ONE second.