BC Timewalking Overtuned

The freaking silences. Ugh.

Christ. A Blood DK ranting about others not preparing while playing an OP spec.

Hey dude, good for you. Don’t confuse your class with others.

Burning Crusade Timewalking dungeons are NOT that hard:

Slave Pens with my 120 Restoration Druid - https://youtu.be/e1_XgpyDTFM

Shattered Halls with my 104 Holy Priest - https://youtu.be/lTKWY3li6m0 (This starts off rocky because everything thinks they can just grab the entire room, tank it, and burn it down. There’s also some issues midway through because people just aren’t paying attention. Otherwise it was an easy run.)

2 Likes

I’ve been tanking these all day on various tanks, almost no issues or even deaths (except a couple people standing in Bad). The difficulty shouldn’t be bad if the Tank has some experience in them, I ran a Shattered halls with a lvl 78 Disc healer and doubt I dropped below 50% health. The biggest struggle has been getting various DPS to focus {Skull}, or let the mobs run to me @ {Triangle}

2 Likes

there is no gauntlet if you kill both sides of guards at the entrance. the flesh beasts will stop spawning.

2 Likes

Exactly. Players are stuck with that awful gcd while trash mob npc’s can spam their abilities over, and over lol.

The only thing that’s really bad in TW dungeons is the way people below max level scale, in my experience. If you are not 120, or 110 w/ Legion end game gear(legendaries), you generally perform terribly in TW. I tanked one on my Blood DK alt who was 108 and pulling just a group of 2 mobs, I had to burn a CD to survive. My gear was a mix of looms and other garbage and I was taking massive damage non-stop on trash. Bosses were a joke, but every trash pull was like walking the edge of a wipe.

Trash mobs in Timewalking still have their original skills and buffs/debuffs. Like Shattered Halls caster mobs with shadow resist, causing my Death Grip to fail on casters, creating chaos for the healer. Also 4sec stuns, things reducing armor to 0, random debuffs that only certain healers can remove. They scaled the numbers, but left the skills and spells alone. Most people aren’t even aware they removed enemy buffs or interrupt spells, to have deadly mechanics on every other trash pull for queue’d content is a big ask.

1 Like

good thing dungeons don’t do that then…

BC timewalking. Shattered halls, mana tombs, and arc The mobs feel like HP sponges. As a prot pally with a healer that isn’t a potato it’s not bad however, mobs do take forever to kill and dps get mad when i CC mobs that will truck my tank.

its easy. I don’t want to feel like a fresh 70, 80, 90 level green wearing toon in TW. My fun when am in all purple max level toon just cutting trash down.

You want to slow me down that is done in m+ now a days.

6 Likes

This is my thoughts exactly!

Judging by the Blues’ replies, you guys need to play better whomevers having trouble. Timewalking is fine even with 0 CC

My honest opinion is that Timewalking is “Old” Content, scaling it up doesn’t change the fact I did those dungeons years ago, If I wanted the “true” experience for Timewalking I’d go play classic when it comes out. (I won’t)

When I que for Timewalking I want my 390+ Main to clear like it’s old content not this “oh we scale monsters to your itemlevel” tried that and it didn’t work because what’s the point of ever getting better gear then.

I agree with Degame, I wanna feel like the overpowered character that I am, not a fresh 70…so on.

I think that if you’re 120 you should get a massive damage/healing buff.

Don’t care how you got it, could be an item from a vendor for badges?
and for everyone who is like “oh but what about the memories?..” don’t buy the buff, or turn it off, that way people who want to faceroll them can and the crazy’s who like a level 70 dungeon taking more time then a 120 Mythic dungeon can as well win win.

1 Like

If they are okay with the difficulty of timewalking as queue’d content, M0 should be queue’d content. It’s all around the same difficulty unless it’s MoP TW, which is a bit easier generally.

3 Likes

What I’m saying is that pre-7.3.5 tw was actually fun to do. After that they made it frustrating and a chore to do. I shouldnt requiere a set of SoO hemmed gear because of added fake difficult/longetivity. It’s pointless, it only made me not do it anymore at all.

2 Likes

I consider the challenge now fun.

Fun is subjective.

1 Like

Ok, I get it. You either want the reward or you don’t really care about it. Plenty of people are still getting through them without too much drama based on a lot of these posts and my anecdotal experience.

Everything doesn’t have to be easy, or stay easy. If they were still easier, but just offered some fun nostalgia, TW tokens and no raid gear would you do them?

I find the game much more interesting when it’s possible you could die. I’m not sure how it’s even a game if you can pull the whole dungeon. It’s more just a simulation, or Skinner box at that point. If you don’t care about gear just go back and one shot everything in the normal instances.

If you want to clear it that way, go back and clear the real instances that way. Nothing stopping you. If you want a reward, actually play the game…or don’t. Sounds like you aren’t trying to have fun, aren’t nostalgia driven, and should probably just blow through your emissaries instead.

Not every piece of content is for every player. I’ve done like 2 island expeditions and I never wanted to see that content again.

If you considere fake longetivity/more agonizing fun,then good. It just made me(and many many many more people) stop doing them. If this is fine, you could argue M0 also belongs to the lfd queue now. If you don’t think it that way, then you see what I talk about.

I could, but I won’t.

M0 is the introduction to organized content, it’s as difficult as it needs to be to not scare off new participants.

I don’t consider Timewalking to be particularly hard or challenging. I use a combination of LoSing pulls/packs, knowing what the enemies do, using a bit of CC when needed, and communicating with the group to make the content easier.

2 Likes

They aren’t over-tuned, those dungeons required CC. Even a blizzard employee said that. If you ignored that statement, that’s on you.