Battle.net said husband was in Elwynn Forest, but he denies it

I went to go see what he was doing after seeing on my phone that it said he was in Elwynn Forest and he was in Oribos, checked battle.net on my phone again and it said he was in Oribos. He said battle.net must’ve been wrong. But I was talking to him on battle.net last night before we both went to bed and it accurately said he was in castle nathria. What are the chances Battle.net was wrong or is he just trying to hide that he was in goldshire?

Shadowlands is a flawless piece of software, he’s definitely cheating on you.

3 Likes

It’s true I was there.

Trust these Kul Tiran, they know what they are talking about. Especially the one with the hat. I’m pretty sure he is a Marine.

3 Likes

Battle.net has been extremely inconsistent for me lately… since pre-patch, I think. I was with someone in one zone and it said they were in a different zone despite standing right next to me. I have tested it since then with a couple of different friends and their characters.

If you add your friends’ (or husband in your case) actual characters also to your list, you will sometimes see this happening. In my case, I have also seen characters listed as online/afk for a while even after they log off. On occasion, if they alt hop, it even lists the recently logged on character as online, even if they are not.

And just to add to the funsies, my /who list is also broken lol I have friends/guild members who are online and yet /who will sometimes not show anyone at all for me. I don’t know whether or not if he was in Elwynn, but I think if you add his characters as friends, you might discover that b.tag is not always consistent with the actual whereabouts.

Kind of off-topic, but were you the person who was talking about this in general chat in Ardenweald earlier? If not, I can’t believe I came across two such similar stories in one day!

We have a member who showed as “Online” and in-game for a whole day and their computer wasn’t even turned on - they don’t use the battle-net app either. The part of the UI that shows what zone they were in was just blank.

1 Like

Aye, Bnet and communities have been borked for quite some time concerning online/offline, although I’ve yet to see it show someone in a different zone. Should checked the CD on that hearthstone.

That was not me. ^^;

Wow that is entirely bonkers. I have seen it happen for some hours but not an entire day. Yay for broken game features, I suppose? :rofl:

People… people do realize that there’s more to Elwynn Forest than just Goldshire, right? Maybe he was RPing at Stone Cairn Lake, or one of the kobold mines, or – I don’t know – flying through the zone?

People deserve the benefit of the doubt.

3 Likes

Your husband is a coward if he can’t own up to being in Goldshire.

6 Likes

“The lie detector determined that was a lie.” -Maury

3 Likes

‘Who cares?’

2 Likes

Can confirm I am experiencing this issue as well. I can do a /who of someone and it show nothing with them standing right in from of me. I can do a /who of my guild, same experience.

I thought it was like a short term bug but now it has been stretching on for months and it can makes things a pain in the butt.

1 Like

If he’s anything like me, and I’m almost 100% sure that he is, then he WAS in Oribos… but his heart was, and always will be, in Goldshire.

4 Likes

This relationship is not healthy.

3 Likes

This. I have seen reports in the forums for bugs and I know some people have directly reported it to them, so it’s been going on for months. It can make things finicky when it comes to things like looking for online members of a guild if I want to reach out etc. Maybe some day Blizz will fix it… one can only dream lol

Battle.net has slays been bugged. I have friends that will log off and the game will state they’re still in game and it freaks them out thinking their account has been hacked or it gives the wrong location. I don’t know how they can’t get a simple app with access to the games APIs to work.

2 Likes

Nerinth is the real homie. Covering the husband’s butt. What a bro.

2 Likes

People have been seeing me as offline when I am in the same raid as them or in Oribos when I am asleep and my computers offline.

Its odd like that.