Battlegrounds in December, BWL in January

Flag and move on. Rinse, repeat.

Heres the main problem with people who want BGs early. If you get what you want and BGs are released in phase 2 you are REMOVING an endgame that we were promised. I am tryharding classic specifically for phase 2 when the meta is going to revolve around world pvp, my interest will dwindle severely after phase 2 as i have personally done 10k+ BGs and dont really care to do anymore.
Now if we leave phase two as it was planned, people who want to do BGs simply have to wait a few months (honestly probably less than 2 becuase you know they will relase BGs early like DM anyway), you still get what you want, you simply just have to wait.
So just remember when you whine for BGs to be implemented early, you are threatening to take a unique endgame away from people just to get what you want a little bit faster.
It is both selfish and near sighted to ask for BGs early, so please chill and let us have our promised few months of world pvp.
Also how the x do you not realize how sick phase 2 is going to be??? You had 15 years to do BGs, how are you not ready to live an in game uninstanced world war???

You seem to miss the point of classic man. Its not just another game released with a ton of content to please the masses. Classic is an experience, Blizzzard heard us and gave us what we wanted, The Classic experience. Now, just sit back, relax and let it all flow in as it did before…If you absolutely can not wait it out, get out, go for a walk, say hi to your mom. Theres also other games to play if you have 100% completed everything there is to do in Classic. But let the experience flow my man.

1 Like

1 vote and 0 comments so far on Reddit

Hate to break it to you, but BWL will not be january. It has to be MID-Dec, or it’s february or later. And this is problematic because they’re going to lose a lot of people if they hold off BWL to february.

Here is why. 8.3 for retail is coming out in January. They will not release BWL and 8.3 in the same month. Many people still play retail. They will not over lap new retail content with phases in classic. IT’s a marketing mistake.

1 Like

The content should already be out. The servers without layers are already more populated than Vanilla ever was. Months of open world PvP and people farming levelers isn’t going to be good.

This isn’t Vanilla where you could simply move to another location, all contested areas will be camped. Even without honor now, some areas on my server are pointless to try and level at. Releasing BGs will give pvpers more, better PvP as well as giving people another way to level.

1 Like

Ok Zoomer.

You’re level 60, people think you’re a “zoomer” too.

How is releasing BGs going to give people “another way to level”?

New poll on reddit with 6000 votes shows 65% of the playerbase with a level 60 character.

Large enough sample size, players are ready.

What a surprise to see a Horde Warlock playing on a Horde dominated PvP server say this.

1 Like

Honestly, just go back to Retail already. Leave Classic to those who actually want it, and who don’t work under the assumption if they just whinge and agitate enough they will get whatever they want.

No thanks, you can go play retail if you want timegating buddy.

Maybe i should have posted it on my 2nd account, 60 ally nelf hunter on herod

Could have launched with naxx and we could have been done with it all by the holidays.

Although it does seem extreme I just can’t justify the notion that we shouldn’t have all the Classic content available.

I don’t like time gates, but I understand from a business perspective that… that’s what we’re going to get. We’ll Always chomping at the bit for the next shred of more fun it seems instead of just being happy with what we’ve got.

I only hope they don’t hang onto the BG carrot for too long though. That’s replayable content that will be extremely fun to me (and many others). I will wait for it whenever it comes, cause we’re going to get what we get when we get it regardless of any constrictive (or non-constructive) conversations we have here.

1 Like

Yea man… Opposing groups of casters aoeing each other while melee classes occassionally run in and get insta-gibbed. World PVP is soooo much fun. /sarcasm :roll_eyes::roll_eyes:

BWL in January would be ridiculous. BWL came out 8 months into Vanilla. Blizzard is already releasing content too quickly and driving away casuals. Don’t encourage them to continue this flawed pattern.

1 Like

I am open to these no need to try and release content that has been gated from a finish game to the point of milking it, because that is one of the reasons why I and some people refuse to play retail.

Bgs before Bwl sound alright besides phase 2 patch isn’t that huge its more of a lesser patch, as it doesn’t have an entire raid tier in it.

Bgs will make leveling more fun, because its a side activity, if at the very least they could just level restrict bgs making it impossible for 60s to do it until bwl released. That way more 60s in the world while other outlets for low levels as low levels supposedly get less honor to max levels in the honor system.

1 Like

Who cares? The number of people clearing MC was down to probably around 100 guilds when BWL came out in Vanilla. We’re now well over 5000 guilds in the world clearing MC and BWL isn’t even out yet.

Why is the time between content releases more important than the progress of the playerbase in current content? Why should we be replicating the exact number of days and minutes between raid releases instead of the progress of the playerbase?