Battleground Twinks

Xp off debuff ? Never used it. As far as my gear i ran mythic SoO on my spare account xp on btw. Did 1 run before maintenance 1 run after maintenance

1 Like

Wow, it sounds so easy. Idk why more people aren’t using a second account to run their first account through some mythics so that they can be overpowered.

3 Likes

All the forums consist of are man baebaes crying about something anymore.

5 Likes

This you?
https://us.forums.blizzard.com/en/wow/t/havoc-demon-hunters-nerf/1540681

4 Likes

Yes that nerf was needed and it happened. Move on…

Im not saying you specifically. Just in general. This topic is beat.

This was my point. Its not hard to get a little gear to be competitive against twinks. But unless you are going to also commit to twinking i dont understand why bother making a thread to cry about when you can get a character from 1-70 in a fcouple days of casual play.

1 Like

The big DH nerf was in January and you posted that 18 days ago lol. It’s ok, we’re all baebaes here.

One of us… One of us!

3 Likes

blizzard has made it easier for leveling players by updating old pvp vendors. ilvl 115 items for level 30. there will be less reason to run old raids for players who want to gear while leveling. the exception being trinkets cuz those slap!
unfortunately there wont ever be a fix for players who don’t think “its worth it” to upgrade while leveling.

1 Like

It’s “uncommon” to see majorly twinked players in the lower brackets, but they do exist. Saw a few shamans running around with 15k more health than most of the “regular” geared heirloomers or whatever. To each their own.

It is funny though to see all those MM hunters and these folks emote spamming like they are accomplishing something major, but outside of that, it’s relatively still competitive on both sides once you are prepared for the one shots and lack of balancing and just take it in stride.

Because levelling BGs could be a fun way to level, or at minimum, a fun way to shake things up a little while levelling and potentially learning about how your class works in PVP.

Instead, Blizzard caters to players that want to play as Lebron in EA Sports Middle School Basketball 2021.

But how you stop it. Those who turned off their exp are supposed to be in there own brackets right? Or they used to be.

That means the rest will slowly lvl up anyways and have to start over.

I guess the only other way to stop it would be to either give low lvl bgs a lvl 70 template so items dont matter or free set of pvp gear, which would be a more difficult way to do the same exact thing.

Or drastically increase the amount of expnyou get so people spend less time per bracket and dont have time to twink unless they turn exp off. And then again, they should be in their own bracket.

XP off are in their own bracket, yes, but there is a way to exploit xp off characters that allow twinks to enter regular BGs with their xp greatly reduced. There are other ways they can reduce XP gains, to include AFKiing out before the game ends.

There are also people that just delete their character when it hits 20 and start a new twink.

There are 2 ways to solve it: templates or tighten the scaling so Baron Von Neckbeard has only a moderate advantage over the person wearing no gear.

1 Like

These, or there is a third option. The gear that is dropped from the PvP loot boxes are terrible. Actually they’re worse than terrible. Boost the gear to drop 2 pieces, and then have the gear dropped be blue instead of green, with a chance of warforging. Make it so if someone actually wants to level through BGs they can do that without needed to do PvE to be viable.

3 Likes

after 2 alts leveling in pvp the past month i saw one player using the xp debuff and after i clowned them( also a hunter big surprise)the entire match they stopped using it.
i dont think its as prevalent as some people think.
i even saw somfas on a dk at 70 a few weeks ago soooooooo……

Template would probably be the simplest. Anyone under max plays against each other with a predetermined template where items dont matter and lvl dont matter (even allow for a pvp loadout for the template that activates in bgs so you have full access to all talents) and max level which is what ee have now.

It would be the simplest but some people are REALLY against templates. I’d say 90% of those people hate being on a level playing field and maybe 10% of them really enjoy stat customization.

Reminder that brackets below max level continue to be not worth playing. :dracthyr_comfy_sip:

1 Like

having enough honor to buy a full set of blue gear for bgs at 70 and upgrade it to be able to run lfr the day you ding 70 is completely worth it. telling people to run, no, hide in epics so being undergeard at 70 is less noticeable while they farm honor is not the way.

There’s also comp stomp currently active which lets you PVE to 411.