Battleground Rant

Ok the last two days I’ve been doing these random battlegrounds and the composition of these instances straight up sucks. Am I the only one that has an issue with my team only getting one healer while the other opposing team gets 3 or 4? I had one team with SIX mages, including me, and a rogue and pally heals. What is up with that?

3 Likes

Perfectly possible to win with this. Its called team work.

It’s actually called “Greater Pyroblast”

4 Likes

Not when the other team had 4 warriors and 3 healers. I thought we’d win too, since fire mages are amazing, but no. We just couldn’t get out from those warriors while they were being healed.

Any observations will of course just be anecdotal, but based on the BG I did today followed by a few brawls… It seems like PvPers are spamming snowy AB while its up.

I usually level by doing battlegrounds. I’ve definitely noticed this as well, at least at lower levels. Multiple matches I’ve had 5-6 healers on the enemy team vs. 1-2 (or even 0) healers on our team. Gets kind of annoying after a while.

2 Likes

^ That’s your problem.

You are expecting a decent team composition in a random battleground. This is an absurd assumption to make considering the name is literally “random” either you get a good comp or don’t.

If you don’t like it. Premade like I do.

Let me get this straight…a random dungeon will always get you a healer, tank, and 3 dps. But a random battleground should always have a random specialization composition too? I just think things need to be a little more even. If one team is going to have 3 healers, then the other team should too. If one team is going to have 1 healer, then the other team should too. And the selection should be a little more variable instead of having half the team one class. That’s just ridiculous. Don’t tell me that isn’t something they could have worked on expansions ago.

1 Like

The system does attempt to evenly distribute healers and match premades but if one side is queuing more it will create uneven matches to progress the queue. I usually heal BGs and sometimes I’m fast into a long dps queue and other times I’m slower than the dps queue. At one time they attempted to even out the matches but dps wait times were 30+ minutes on my faction at the time. People complained so they reverted to mostly a FIFO system.

Yep. That’s literally what Blizzard devs think.

Considering that Blizzard has completely given up on anything to do with PvP at this point, don’t get your hopes up.

3 thousand people signed a strawpoll asking for vendors on the PvP forums only to get shut down in an interview from Ion saying that, “PvP is an totally acceptable state.”