Battle Pet Rewards in Garrison's

I left the game, deleted all my characters, sold off all my battle pets and gave the money to my grandson. I decided to come back and start over and I loved the battle pet system the best. I am 66 years old with PTSD and don’t play end game. I worked really hard to get a couple of DKs, one on my alliance server and one on my horde, so I could get battle pet supplies. Imagine my dismay to discover that you are still giving the same reward for the BP daily, but it is worthless. I HATE when you do that just to stop all the end game brats from taking advantage. What about the rest of us??? If people are playing end game make it so they have to have the polished reward in garrison, but let the rest of us use the ones you are still giving. I came back here because the game I was playing pulled some stuff like this and it pissed me off. It wasn’t nearly as good a game as this one, so I will stay. I just wish you would consider finding a better way to do this stuff.

I have been playing since April 2005 and every time I leave for a new game I come back because this game is the best. But you have done this repeatedly over the years. Not everyone is an endgame fanboy. Just saying.

Thanks for listening.

Being a 65 year old with PTSD I started getting all sympathetic and wanting to help you, then I got to the part in your post where you call players with leveled characters, of which I have 18, “end game brats”, which you follow up with “endgame fanboys”.

So rather than posting here to help you, I’m here to enjoy the fact that such a deserving person is so delightfully pissed off.

6 Likes

Believe me, us “endgame brats” are just as ticked off about the change in battle pet currency as are the players who choose to stop leveling at 102. Go look at some of the posts from 12 - 18 months ago. We are not “taking advantage” of anything. We’re just playing the game as the developers design it.

Incidentally, what game were you playing that was good but then pulled this Warcraft stuff which drove you back to Warcraft?

2 Likes

I’m sorry. I was really angry at the time. I’m sorry you took it personally, but you are 65 and not who I was talking about. The reason I don’t play endgame is because you pretty much have to group and I cannot group. People stress me out especially when they call people names and are generally rude. That is who I am talking about. And those rude people tend to go to lower level areas and grab all the mats, etc. without regard for those actually leveling in that area. So when Blizzard does this stuff I tend to think they are trying to thwart that behavior. I guess I am wrong.

1 Like

They’re not trying to thwart people going to lower levels to farm stuff from under people who are at-level for the zone, especially not for pet charms, which is highly individual.

I imagine they changed the currency for the exact same reason they require pathfinder and increase level caps. If they come out with an xpac and don’t increase the cap or remove flying, what’s going to happen? People (in general) will eat through content even faster than they already do with those barriers.

With pet battles being something most people do on the side, the change of the currency is a bit of a head scratcher, but it’s still a way to keep people from going through new pet content faster. If you can’t buy stones and bandages, because you have to save up charms for pets, you’ll be out in the world doing the WQs to get those things. They’re trying to immerse you, and keep you immersed for as long as possible, before your, ‘I can skip this because I have 10 stacks of pet charms,’ kicks in. Kwim?

LOTRO. They removed the original loot boxes for which keys dropped and replaced them with loot boxes that required you buy keys, but the loot was no better. In fact, it was worse. I used to bounce back and forth between that game and this one. I won’t go back there ever again.

I never played it, but I know it went F2P right after launch. One thing that enticed me about it is that you can arm different types of instruments which you can write and play music on. As I understand it there are bands that play together. I thought they were going to bring that to wow with the Death Metal Knight drops (I have the guitar), but you can’t actually play it, you can only do an animation with it. Maybe one day we will all be jammin’ on wow while in the pet battle queues.

1 Like