Battle.net Application - Retrieving Details for Friends/Self

i am having the same issue. doing what the blue suggested does not work. my name is retrieving and a few friends on the list as well. only way to fix this is to re-load the launch client but this only works for a while. i hope this is fixed soon.

1 Like

Same thing has been happening for me, and the above suggestions do not work. The only thing that fixes it, is to restart the Bnet launcher…but it is only temporary until someone logs out of a game, then it’s back to “retrieving details”.

Upon researching this, this has happened in the past…many times. It’s clearly not on the players’ end. Please fix this. Thank you.

1 Like

Chiming in as well with the same issue. I have also tried the fixes and none of them work. I realize it’s a quality of life thing but it’s still somewhat annoying.

I have been getting the same issue for the past few days now. None of the fixes work.

1 Like

Running into this issue for over half of my bnet, kinda annoying not being able to search someone :l

nvm it seems logging out fixed it but at the same time this was persisting through pc restarts so… IDK

I can confirm I am having the same issue for the last few days and decided to look it up. Blizzard, nice try expecting other people to do something rather than look to the obvious that you just released a patch. This is a bug, not a player’s pc/local environment issue.

Blue post!! Are you serious you are recommending people change their password??!! This is your bug, obviously manifesting right after you deployed a patch. You should probably never be allowed to give advice on this forum again. I’ve seen inexperienced people in my technical career but this is just really unacceptable stupidity. If you worked on my team you would not be allowed to post anything publicly till you were qualified to give advice.

So its clear why we recommend that as a step. Resetting the password on the account also clears the cache on the account. Having bad cached data can result in the retrieving details issue and as such is something we’d like to try. If that’s not something you want to do, then putting in a ticket would be another option as a game master would be able to assist with that as well.

I’m the original poster. I did everything suggested as well the password change. Still having the problem, others in my guild are having the issue as well. I don’t think it’s widely reported yet because it only involves the bnet launcher and for me at least only starts after i log into a game and back out.

The biggest problem is that it’s not affecting everybody (mine’s working fine - for instance, but another person I know has the same problem.) Either way, you’re not the only people having the problem. We’ve seen a couple folks in office with the problem as well. I’ll keep tabs on this thread in case we find a more consistent work around, but this is more of a Battle.net issue - probably a bug. It’d be better to report on the Battle.net forums.

In the mean time, relogging into the app, restarting the app, or restarting your PC can work around the issue as far as we can tell, but it’s hit or miss.

Edited: I’ve changed the generic bug report link to the first thread posted there. This will help us consolidate reports on this topic.

I’m chiming in here for a friend who’s had to go through customer support agents three times (Currently going through the third one) and done everything they have told him to do. He’s gone to the point of logging in and out, logging in a different region, restarted the program, and even uninstalling and reinstalling it.

The issue still persists and my friend is increasingly getting frustrated over this. I would appreciate some more details as apparently only one person’s posted over on the the Battle .net forums.

< I’ve been experiencing it for like a week now. Literally tried EVERYTHING. Contacted support 3 times about it and just now found out that others are having the same problem. Hopefully it gets fixed soon!

Relogging into the app works…temporarily. As soon as a friend logs out of a game, it is back to “retrieving details”. So no, it does not work.

Having the same issue, probably started 2-3 days ago

Same issue here. Tried all the recommended steps stated above.

Hey all,

This should be fixed now. Looks like we got a bug in on it thanks to all the reports and we restarted some things to fix it up. Anybody still having issues?

Seems ok now. Thanks :slight_smile:

I am no longer getting the retrieving details bug but I am still having friends showing as in game when they are not. People will log out of WoW for example, but it will still show them as in game until I log out and back in to refresh my friends list. It correctly shows them as Away, but the game status will never clear on its own.

That’s a different issue, and whoa the timing on this post. I just posted over here about it. Check it out!

I’m going to lock this one up as we’ve verified the retrieving details issue should be fixed now. ^^ If you continue having the problem, you may need to reinstall the app. You can create your own thread if you need more help.

1 Like