Battle for Nazjatar - Unplayable Lag

The Battle for Nazjatar came up just now on Ysondre-US (~19:01:24 Central Time according to my chat) when I was playing my paladin, and it quickly proved impossible to do anything, at least on Horde side. It started with simply my actions and chat being delayed by 2-3 seconds, and by the time the Battle ended (~19:12:36) it took something like 30-40 seconds between me clicking the Accept button on the rez window to me actually resurrecting.

I suspect the fact that there seemed to have been ~10-20 Alliance players on some, if not all of the Battle objectives, plus however many Horde players were around, was the cause, so I figured I’d report this with as much information as I can provide.

But this has been a frequent problem lately whenever the Battle is up, and I hope something is done to alleviate the problem at least some.

I am either in a Horde dominated shard, where we take over everything instantly or an Allied dominated one, where they take over everything instantly. Rarely are battles even remotely even.

2 Likes

only been back for like a week, i’ve seen this event a few times and every time it happened it was quickly over cuase some horde group zerged an lfr face roll, the lag was pretty bad for me but some folks were complaining about even worse lag, prob difference in internet there but point being these zerg rush groups are usually where the lag happens and it really needs to stop.

From best i can guess its lfr tool ignoring faction pops and the soft caps the shards are supposed to use for balance, it moves too many in and it lags out the shard. faction imbalance aside i think blizz should look into updating their server hardware if they want to continue this shard nonsense. Its really bad when i can say i’ve seen un optimized indie game servers handle player pops better than this.

Waste of time

The first faction to get 200 people into the shard wins, that’s pretty much how it is now. Funny i had fairer games before the hotfix to make it only appear when numbers are even. Now it’s always a steamroll for one faction.

2 Likes

I’ve never had it finish with the teams within 2000 points of each other; it’s always a slaughter. Needs to be deleted like SotA was. And Ashran should have remained.

1 Like

Who cares as long as the population is not balanced BFN is crap. This thing is unplayable. It’s like Wintergrasp but even worse since you don’t have any buff to balance things. I just did it and we were like 30 against 120. There was like 25 hordes at every nodes.

It amazes me that blizzard doesn’t understand that as long as the population is not balanced there’s no world pvp events/objectives. it doesn’t exist.

…fixing is not a priority…creating that next carrot-on-a-stick is…