"Battle for Nazjatar Participant" but no battle

I was just sitting in Newhome, and all of a sudden I got the debuff “Battle for Nazjatar Participant”. There wasn’t a battle going on and another player in the zone said they got it too.

sounds like you became a victim of a known bug that is believed to occur when the battle is about to start and people go to stand on the flags prematurely to get a head start…it causes an auto complete which causes the debuff and your basically hosed til the next battle shows up. Sadly Blizzard fixed it so you cannot get rid of the hour debuff but did NOT fix the bug that causes the auto complete. Great design eh?

1 Like

I had the same thing happen to me. Mind you, I was flying above the flag behind newhome and everyone got the debuff on the server. It’s starting to get tiring since I only want to do these battles at least twice a day so it’s one battle wasted. I’d rather it be fixed properly, even if the game has to be down all day instead of people wasting their time sitting there for the battle and then boom, debuff

my best advice til they fix it is, join a raid group and park by the portal in boralus/zandalar, then port in when the call to go to flags is announced that way you dont get screwed ;/

I recorded this bug happening. Then I submitted the video to support, but they said there is no logged event of my participation.
Video of it happening: streamable dot com/li6s1p
Support saying they can’t find anything in the logs: imgur dot com/VaKHyGU

Just happened again. Here is another clip of it: streamable dot com/v2f89t

This clip shows me not having the “coin buff”, then getting honorable kills and getting the buff, the battle ending and not getting any reward, while I get the participation debuff so I can’t get any more reward.

Just happened again. Want me to post another clip?