Battle for Nazjatar is a fiasco

These “fights” are more imbalanced than ever, with entire raids showing up thru phasing to utterly dominate the battle. Broken game design — as with most of the PvP decisions this expansion. Embarrassing.

1 Like

I agree with this. I play on RP server, so I’m put on RP shards, which are massively imbalanced towards Alliance. I haven’t naturally encountered a Battle for Naz in weeks. Maybe a month. It’s always the naga commanders now.

I’ve just written it off at this point. It was an attempt to continue on adding more to world PvP, but it just missed the mark.

Get a kill and then just use the LFG tool to shop for a winning battle. Heh.

2 Likes

Sometimes it wipes your kill away when you join a new shard via LFG. Happened to be me couple of times. Had to jump into Mezze to snag one :sweat_smile:

I’ve never had it reset the kill credit. Maybe a rare bug :frowning:

I’m sure this more than any game design issue has more to do with the imbalances. As soon as 1 side starts losing, players are going to open LFG and look for a greener pastures.

Pretty much, i joined one yesterday where the horde didnt even stand a chance, went back to my shard and it was completely the opposite

bfa wpvp in general is a fiasco, actually pvp overall has been in an utterly disgusting state this entire garbage expac

The lag is the worst part tbh. Even in av and ioc it starts to lag out

1 Like

I respectfully disagree.

When I go and do some wq I run into allies sometimes it’s 1vs1 and sometimes it’s 1vs alot. I don’t expect it to be a 1vs1 fight all the time…I accept a challenge.

When I venture looking for people to gank I run into people all the time. Whether it’s in darkshire, stv, or outside your very own gates of sw…I’ll find alliance.

5 Likes

Same but vice versa had a huge brawl on mechgon last night ended in a 7v10 and we wiped the floor with them.

These are the beat kinds of world pvp

2 Likes

I’m in agreement with you, Wpvp has been amazing. Sure competitive pvp has somethings I think need to be a little tweaked. But for the most part I have loved this expac. The Alliance story was very enjoyable and dare I say I’ve even enjoyed most of the horde story, thought not as good as the ally story my opinion but still good. The dungeons were also enjoyed an the raid on daz was awesome! All these nah sayers are the folk that are never happy.

5 Likes

It has for me

1 Like

I have also had that happen.

2 Likes

Yes this has been a thing for a long time.

For example, if you are doing a Faction Assault and get 9 kills without a death then use group finder to shard out to kill one of the elite Assault quests you will lose your kills and not get Assassin when you should.

Another Rogue pointed it out to me on the Forums.

2 Likes

Yep, look at last night. I was out in darkshire and got into 1vs1 and then a 3vs1. Then you guys came got a 1vs1 going…and literally hung out with the enemy.

Which goes back to another thing bfa haters say that you never see the people again…we where hanging out with that alliance Druid and some lowbies that came by…that Druid I see almost everyday.

2 Likes

I can say the same honestly, in Legion couldn´t even try to WPVP, and this WPVP content was extermely refreshing. I have enjoyed the Lore on horde part, i don´t have an Alliance alt because “missed me with that yag tihs”, but overall my only complaint is the gearing system for PVP, which is REALLY lacking.

2 Likes

Had two on my server so far that I’ve seen - both had around 2 or 3 raids of 40 Alliance shard in. They attacked the Horde city and maybe one other raid split between the other two points.

The lag caused about a 30s delay on all attacks so it was impossible to even consider mounting a resistance.

Hell man, why wait until your side is losing. You should use LFG even if your side is winning but the fight is close. Why waste time on a long battle when you can just shop for an easy and quick win?

The more people that do this the more lopsided fast wins for everyone!

That’s human nature and clearly Blizz didn’t account for it.

Just going to throw out an idea. No idea if its possible for Blizz, but instead of ignoring the issue or fighting it by hobbling LFG, take this kind of approach:

1. Make the score across all of NA or EU instead of shard-specific
  2. Give players a portal in the main faction base that allows them to switch shards to a shard where there faction needs help (as determined by the server)
  3. to prevent players from hopping too much, put a non-disspellable debuff on them that prevents them from shard-hopping again for 5 minutes.
  4. Add some additional rewards so if you’re stuck fighting on a underrepresented shard you get something for that, provided you weren’t hiding in base.