Battle for Nazj is unplayable. Need Blue response

Well considering we’re outnumbered 4-1 if not even worse no, it’s very true. Almost every single supply drop and Battle for Nazjatar have been 4-10 Alliance vs 30-40 Horde unless there’s a large Alliance raid, which then results in another shard turning into a 4-10 ally 30-40 Horde situation.

3 Likes

True. You gotta ask a stupid question. Like “how does the office smell” or something stupid like that.

7 Likes

It wouldn’t be an issue if the shard where faction balanced to begin with.

3 Likes

What is considered off server with sharding?

The BfN I was in a few hours ago had the horde up 2k+ to 23 points on alliance side. Two minutes later, bam a full alliance raid at every flag, yes alliance still lost but alliance just materializing doesnt happen by chance without abusing or cheating the mechanics.

There was not 5 full or partial Horde raids in zone. A shard/server I was originally part of before the tilting happened, btw.

2 Likes

Thats a naive opinion. You must think a lot of your fellow man to assume that would happen.

Because if the system correctly did faction balance, jumping from one shard to another wouldn’t give them any advantage because no matter where they ended up it would be an even fight. Right now the Alliance knows that 90% of the WM shards are Horde controlled, so of course they are going to “shop around”. If they were all balanced, there is nothing to shop for.

4 Likes

Let’s clear this misinformation up.

• Alliance and Horde shard jump. That’s a fact.

• It’s not cheating or exploiting. Bringing up morality is bizarre. If you cared about what morally fair, you would FC tonight to help even out factions.

But I get it, you need the faction advantage crutch in WM. If you don’t, FC to Alliance and prove it.

13 Likes

I think the most fun i have in the game now is BfN, though yeah the lag is bad.

Even without RG, the zones lags during the event.

2 Likes

Allowing players to freely move between shards is a fundamentally broken aspect of WPvP. Unbalanced shards are a natural conclusion of that, unless Blizzard rebalances shards so aggressively that it forcibly bounces around everyone who isn’t in a group, which is possibly worse.

They’ve really shot themselves in the foot here, because there’s no easy solution. I’m not 100% sure on whether this is how it currently works, but one of the smoother solutions would be to stop forcing parties onto the leader’s current shard, and instead ignore all members’ current shards when trying to find an appropriate shard for the group as a whole. Anything that removes control over which shard a player ends up on would help, as long as it doesn’t end up isolating group members.

I’d also suggest preventing raid groups from being forced onto the same shard as well (because blobs of 20+ players can’t possibly be easy to match to and move between shards), but Blizzard messed that up by having world raid bosses that require them to shard together.

4 Likes

Amazing that a horde could complain about this…even while saying he still won. The BFN event is so horde dominated that the Alliance don’t even try anymore. In all the times I have played it I have only won ONCE. Most of the time it is Alliance 40 Horde 3000.

Just stop complaining. First you complained about no ally to kill. Now you are complaining that they are fighting but outsmarting you. We HAVE to outsmart you because of how badly we are outnumbered. Being 5 or even 10 to 1 doesn’t leave us a lot of options.

8 Likes

Good on ya. Pat yourself on the back for being smart.

I wasnt complaining about fighting 1 for 1. It is the abuse of sharding that is horrendous. Instant cast spells shouldnt take 15 seconds to go off. Having a stun end and the stun debuff timer going negative. The game is unplayable due to the abuse of shard tilting. Its not about winning or losing. Its the ability to actually play the game.

But your rose colored glasses make everything look better, in your eyes. You alliance deserved the extra 15% for having WM cause you are smarter. Yea.

2 Likes

Since we’re asking for blue responses. I still don’t have Galleon, need blue response.

That super sweet moment, when someone TOTALLY gets what you’re saying.

I wish you Alliance die-hards could understand this point and all that it really means.

So Broknor, tell us what we should do instead of grouping up. Every shard and every BfN is 5- 10- or more-to one. Allance cannot do a WQ or Rare in Naz without 10 horde showing up. The numbers are so skewed that Alliance have no recourse but to “cheat” or “make clever use of game mechanics” as you are calling it if we are to have any chance at rewards in these zones.

How are the shards to be balanced? There aren’t enough blue players in Warmode to make it happen. If the battle doesn’t start without a balanced shard there will never be a battle. Ever.

This situation is of your creation. And by ‘your’ I refer to all the players that rolled horde knowing and because it was the overpopulated faction and wanted ez-mode WPvP.

I challenge you to level an Alliance toon or faction swap then spend a couple of days in Mechagon and Naz. I guarantee that you will swap back as soon as your cooldown is up as soon as you truly see what the Blue side is up against. Even more, stay here and help fix the situation that you, not Blizzard, created.

11 Likes

I called it cheating, not Brock. Because it is abusing a mechanic in a way that it wasn’t designed for.

And yes I do have alliance in WM. I do wqs freely.

As to how to balance the shards? Not sure but I was under the impression that the battle for nazjatar was proc’d by a certain amount of alliance and Horde on that shard. I could be wrong though.
That means if the lower threshold is 30 v 30, the battle starts at the top of the hour. But the abusing is popping the battle to begin, then inviting 100+ people from other shards to tilt the shard and make the shard unplayable for any toon. Whether pvping or just questing.

I have been horde since TBC and on pvp servers. Its not my fad to switch factions to be the dominant faction as the alliance were for 4-5 years. But how quickly we forget that.

Alos, I remember another post that alliance running around in WM off areas flagged for pvp trying to get horde misclick attack them by standing on NPCs. But somehow refuse to put WM on.

Alos, it wasn’t the hordes creation. I never saw the cheating and abusing of sharding before blizz gave the alliance +15% more reward for wm on.
Remember, for every action, there is an equal or opposite reaction. Horde now have to look for shards to get away from the massive full raid ‘pvpers,’ (quotes intended) who think 20+ v 1 is actually pvp.

The fault lies with blizzard releasing content they know their hardware and tech won’t operate. In my opinion it verges on a sort of fraud. The same issue was common in the original ashran and anywhere in open world pvp with too many players.

The same issue occurs under some raid conditions and was the reason they implemented 2 video profiles so the player could downgrade his settings and play the content.

It is the lack of hardware and tech that causes it as even the best computers can not operate some content lag free and it’s why I call it a sort of fraud on wow’s end to release content they know beforehand won’t operate correctly.

This can’t be reiterated enough:

The developers don’t care about your fun. They care about your engagement metrics.

1 Like

Serious question, does the battle for nazjatar still exist? I literally haven’t seen it once since they changed it.

Other serious question …how does one control sharding? Are you just complaining about raids forming?

1 Like