Batching does not behave like it did in Vanilla

The “hmmm” thinking emoji kinda implies that, At least that is how I read it.

1 Like

It’s Joana’s speed run from Vanilla. The video is from patch 1.9 (I believe).

EDIT: Woops, didn’t read the following conversation. I see you recognize that now.

Well it’s more out of my confusion here, because i honestly thought it was him just playing on a private server at first. As well taking notice of the addon he was using, that being the SCT options v1.52, and traced it’s release date, as well noticing the desc where he said he played on that patch. I’m not so sure on that now.

With the video you have posted here, i now believe he’s playing vanilla there and here, because the video is from 2007. Not to mention if i’m not mistaken, i think a lot of these videos from WoW vanilla and TBC used like alt-rock bands in their videos, not that it helps the legitimacy, it’s just to point out you guys have very great taste in music back then. :slight_smile:

1 Like

The server code is pretty much the same server code for retail with some modifications to load and run the vanilla data, as well as emulate vanilla behaviors like batching.

So, yes, classic is not running the same code as vanilla. However, it’s also not the same code as the private servers.

Fair enough. Tone is hard to judge over text. Would not be the first time i misjudged tone and one wont be the last.

1 Like

I think people are a bit hung up because they’re saying batching is working the same way it was in vanilla or its emulated in a similar way or its not emulated the correct way. I don’t care about any of that.

I am saying, regardless of why it is in the game, at its current state, it does not make the game feel good at all. It needs to be toned down at the very least. That is all.

1 Like