Bastion is the most messed up zone in WoW

Out of all the Shadowland zones, Bastion seems like it would be the best one to end up in after death… until you think about it for more than a minute. The Kyrian have some of the most messed up rituals and ways out of any race in WoW.

• New souls are forcibly subjected to ego death.
  • A desire for individualism and/or deviation from the creed makes you a bad person.
  • Populated by a race of servitors that will spiral into depression if they aren’t allowed to serve enough.
  • Questioning the “Path” even a little turns you into a mad, raving lunatic that can and will attack other souls trying to go down the “Path”.

Pretty messed up if you ask me. At the least the other zones are more upfront about how messed up they are.

2 Likes

When your job is to ferry the souls of the dead to be judge, you need to be dispassionate about your duty. Otherwise we end of with the Kyrain deciding to drop souls where they think they should go, with no actual view of that souls live. Take Arthas for example, he wasn’t judged fairly by the Arbiter. Instead Uther and Devos made that decision themselves.

5 Likes

It’s about commitment, all the factions.

I think it’s great you can switch affiliation too.

This expac will be different. No illusion to the contrary here.

2 Likes

I think it’s interesting. Probably the most interesting race we’ve seen in a long time actually.

5 Likes

Ego Death is good for you.

5 Likes

Sounds like the military if I am being completely honest.

1 Like

Group think and dogma. It can be good for some. The training is meant to become second nature. Discipline at any cost…

1 Like

Its conservatives paradise.

2 Likes

Only souls that derive achievement and worth from service to others are called to do the necessary duty of ferrying souls, unbiased, into their afterlife.

The Forsworn issue only arose after Uther was killed by Frostmourne and his soul wounded. Devos saw it, was immediately ready to go help the living because an instrument of death was rampaging on the mortal plane and, furthermore, challenged the practice of erasing one’s memories because she said they would never have found out if Uther hadn’t kept his memory.

The Archon dismissed her, because their place isn’t to meddle in the affairs of the living. No exceptions would be made, and we’re shown why no exceptions should be made when Uther unjustly tossed Arthas into the Maw at the insistence of Devos.

Kyrians are not mortal. They don’t operate on the same ideas as the living.

Ya it’s triggering them libs

Owned them, might make a YouTube video of kyrian owning snowflakes with hella memes and horn noises

2 Likes

This is why Necrolords and Venthyr were the only viable choices for me.

Kyrian seems extremely dystopian… I am in full agreement with the Forsworn.

Night Fae, as a Horde player, is a full campaign that serves as nothing but an apology tour centered around an Alliance character. Why on Azeroth would any Horde player subject themselves to that?

Prince Renethal seems like a good dude, Necrolords seems like the only covenant that doesn’t have a plethora of dubious moral issues abound. Their creed is in defense of the Shadowlands against any and all of its enemies, simple and clean.

Im good on the blue humans and their owl slaves.

Except this part.

We all liked to get away and shirk some duty at some point in the day.

1 Like

It makes sense why their practices are the way they are. You can’t have the ones in charge of ferrying souls to hold biases. Otherwise they’d start flinging people straight to the maw at their own whims. It also seems like a pretty pleasant place to spend eternity once you achieve ascension.

1 Like

I love threads like this about how Bastion is so horrible because it’s “so pretty but omg my memories” while a few zones away the venthyr participate in outright torture of mind, body, and soul - joyfully and without remorse.

I’ll post a copy of a reply I made in another thread.

1 Like

It’s where 1984 goes to hell

I don’t think it is questioning that did this, I think it is that they already had a bunch of their self and past stripped from them. We saw the one fall and he did not attack he RP walked away.

1 Like

Yeah apparently butlers happily playing horns and loving life really trigger people in 2020, because, apparently, they shouldn’t be based on some human moral authoritarian approach. I suppose these people also get triggered when someone owns a dog as a companion or a bird or when someone “serves” them at a restraurant.

Meanwhile, mass genocide, ripping skin from flesh, murder of babies, mind torture, is super fine. I dont know what kind of brain washing made people this way, because it certainly isn’t logical.

I was actually talking about in-game stuff, but do you.

The questline made a compelling case for the fallen Kyrians. Their motivations are very understandable and it’s easy to empathize with them. The Kyrians seem downright evil. Even the “bad” Maldraxians called what they were doing “Kyrian brainwashing,” and they were right.

To be honest, every afterlife shown in Shadowlands has some huge, moral flaw that makes Sylvanas seem right for wanting to destroy it all. Even the Jailor is a more likeable character than any of the covenant leaders in the campaign.

1 Like