Basically Impossible to Report Someone from Chat

I had posted this in the TBC forums, but thought it might be better suited for answers here.

Whenever there is anyone typing in general, trade, yell, etc chat that I want to report, it is almost impossible to do so. Unless you right click report them and enter in the reason section within like 5 seconds of their posting in chat, the option to report is either not there entirely or the report just won’t go through when “Report Player” is clicked.

Anyone else has this problem and, if so, why is it like this?

This is what it looks like when (as an example) I went to report the same person ~5 seconds after they posted, then ~15 seconds after they posted in Trade chat.

First we dont call out players id edit out the imgur its against forum COC I think theres a ticket option not a 100% sure on that where u can send date time and relevant information and you realy dont want to wait for a blue or a mod to edit the image theme selves thats not gona get the action u want.

The names were edited already. They are merely asking about the issue with reporting, not trying to call anyone out.

3 Likes

There are no player names in the imgur image, they are all censored. I’m not calling anyone out with it, it is just to show an example of what it looks like when the report function “disappears” on me.

I know I can make a ticket, but there is a right click report function in game for a reason and I’m looking into why it is disappearing on me almost immediately after a person posts something in chat. It is there and works if used fast enough, but either doesn’t work or doesn’t show up at all unless it is used within 5-10 seconds of the chat message being posted in game.

1 Like

Fair enough do u know the ticket option since hacks wont be the right one.

Quite often it’s caused by interference from an add-on. You can try resetting your UI.

5 Likes

Perhaps just a generic Not Listed Here ticket option, but the issue with the lack of ability to report in game needs to be addressed.

Tuefelgott has posted the UI reset instructions and the OP has mentioned about posting in the TBC forums, so hopefully a resolution can be found soon.

3 Likes

I thot about that was gona suggest it but wasnt 100% pose a question internet provides.

1 Like

As far as I am aware there are some restrictions on reporting a chat line after some time, but it shouldn’t be that fast.

I don’t know if resetting your User Interface would have any impact, but it might be worth testing. If there is no difference you can revert the change.

Otherwise, I haven’t seen any similar reports recently so I would recommend submitting a bug report so our QA team can take a look. We definitely want to make sure players can report inappropriate behavior/language/spam in chat.

9 Likes

Yea, I will try and disable any chat addons and/or disable all addons and see if that makes any difference. Now that it has been mentioned, I assume it is probably an addon doing this. Ty

Id avoid disabling it would be far better deleting the cache/interface/wtf folders far easier then trying to track down the single addon or addons thats misbehaving.

2 Likes