Banning over 1000 players from a chat channel

Does this count as harassment if 3 people managed to get owner from a player made channel and banned over 1000 people from it, if not more?

Players who did this were on Whitemane-Horde.

{Removed}

Seems like the definition of harassment to go out of their way to ruin so many peoples experience.

1 Like

No, and please remove the names, the forums don’t allow public callouts (I mean, you can keep them there if you want, but a moderator will take action instead).

EDIT: I see the names were removed, yay!

4 Likes

No, if they’re given ownership over a channel, or even a guild for that matter, they can remove anyone they see fit. No, being removed from somewhere isn’t harassment, you’re not welcome there and it’s within the rules.

3 Likes

Correct. I’m sorry, Grenadier, but currently we are unable to recognize ownership of a private channel. I believe the channel mechanics are very much like they were in Vanilla, meaning that ownership of the channel can be a bit fluid. If you’d like to see how these channels work changed you’ll want to post in the Classic Discussion forum so our Devs can review it.

I am sorry if it negatively is impacting your gameplay.

7 Likes

So harassment only counts as harassment when you feel like it. Gotcha.

1 Like

How is getting banned from a player made channel harassment?

6 Likes

No, it isn’t one because you want it to be. You can’t call someone a harasser because they got a better item then you, kill you in PVP, or anything of that like. You’re not going to redefine a meaning to suit your taste.

8 Likes

Make your own channel. Problem solved.

6 Likes

Yes a player made world channel that had thousands and thousands of players in it all banned, let me just make a random new one that all of them will know to rejoin. Makes perfect sense why didn’t I think of that thanks white knights!!

1 Like

Glad to help. Have a swell day.

9 Likes

I really doubt that a player-made channel had thousands and thousands of players. Player-made channels are at-will. Whoever has ownership of the channel can do with it what they wish. If they want to they can put a password on it. If they want to they can kick everyone from the channel. If they want to they can delete the chat channel. None of that is harassment.

How did the first one come into being? Someone made it and invited players to join. What’s stopping you from doing the same? Maybe you could let them know about it through one of the existing game chat channels like Trade, General or Local Defense. Or maybe on your realm forum. Blizzard is not going to take ownership of the channel away from someone because they kicked people out of the channel.

It does.

Because you wanted to make drama on the forums over something that isn’t against the rules.

You say that like it’s a bad thing. Players are not required to agree with your opinion. They are also free to give you advice, information, and suggestions.

11 Likes

@BlizzardCS they’re now joining our reformed channel and trying to take admin and reban everyone from where we moved. This is now targetted intentional harassment and none of your white knight forum crusaders can argue against it.

2 Likes

We can, it’s rather simple - don’t give them ownership. Magic.

5 Likes

Kick them out of the channel? You know, ban them instead.

At best, this is simply just drama.

4 Likes

I would advise against name calling here. It isn’t going to get you anything but a vacation. You have been given the correct answer, and by a Blizzard employee at that. As was stated it is a player made channel, there is nothing Blizzard can do. Place the players on ignore and kick them out of the channel. Problem solved.

5 Likes

If your name is not blue you shouldn’t even be able to reply to these posts. All you do is troll people who post valid issues twisting words and using idiot logic. If you don’t work for Blizzard customer service, keep your opinions to yourself.

Just a friendly reminder - the CS forum is the most heavily modded spot in all of the forums. The blues here REALLY dislike when folks starts to have a fit when they’re not getting what they want.

3 Likes

You already got a Blue response:

And since you’re name is not blue, by your logic, you shouldn’t be responding. That’s why we don’t play those games in here.

7 Likes

Not sure what the purpose of your channel was, but…

Many, many mango seasons ago, we had a player created chat channel on our server called Raiders. I imagine there were similar channels on other servers. It was a great help in getting players to fill raid spots and for players to find raid spots. When the channel “owner” would log off without passing “ownership”, “ownership” would automatically pass to (I believe) the person who had been in the channel the longest. A few jerks were able to seize control of the channel and put a password access on it just to grief those players who were trying to use it for it’s intended purpose. Sadly, Blizz chose not to assist in resolving the matter. Players created Raiders2. The griefers managed to get control of that one, too. Eventually, the honest players got control of Raiders and were much more careful about passing “ownership”.

So, Grenadier… Blizzard will not help you. You are on your own. It’s unfortunate that there are so many jerks in this game. But you’ll just have to manage them on your own. Sorry.

inB4 - Cool Story, Bro’.

** edited to sound less cranky on an old issue that apparently hit a sore spot for me.**

So first and foremost, at this point you are trolling. Wrong place to do it. It never ever ends well. I flagged as such.

Second, simply ban them from the channel. The way they banned you. Don’t pass ownership to them. This way they can’t do it to you

Lastly, any of us in good standing have an ability, whether yoh want it or not, to post in any thread we want to. We do not need to have blue text to be correct.

You have been given correct answers. Repeatedly. Take the advice or not. It is up to you.

4 Likes