Banana and Daisy fundraiser pets, how close are we?

I know Bananas was unlocked some time ago and was wondering how close to unlocking Daisy we were. I donated a couple weeks ago and the most current count I saw was on Icy-Veins saying we were at 617k, but that was two weeks ago (ish).

Is there somewhere to find out how close we are to getting Daisy?

EDIT: Thank you to all the replies! Looks like I’ll have to donate again next payday, it’s going super slow. Is there a timer on this fundraiser?

1 Like

I think it was at a little over $750,000 this morning.

$749,234

There is a progress bar here just add the https
://events.doctorswithoutborders.org/?fuseaction=donorDrive.event&eventId=599&language=en

1 Like

https://events.doctorswithoutborders.org/?fuseaction=donorDrive.event&eventId=599&language=en

edit: I never bothered to look around that page before, now I see there’s a leaderboard :open_mouth: Now I have two reasons to donate :laughing:

https://us.forums.blizzard.com/en/wow/t/bananas-unlocked-claim-yours-today-and-donate-to-unlock-daisy/908450

20 days left to get another $250,000 in donations.

If the fundraiser doesn’t complete, you’ll be able to buy Daisy in August. Probably for $10.00.

1 Like

If they can some how get $12.5 k a day over the next 20 then we could get Daisy for free
To be honest they should of offered stuff for all their IPs and people could of gotten an item for 1 game or multiple if they play more then one. Either way it would help out a good cause.

Or most people won’t bother to donate waiting for the rest of us who have to do it for them.

That is how most fundraisers work a few donate the rest profit. Should have been guaranteed both pets for certain levels of donation.

25 got you bananas 40 the sloth. If goal unlocked everyone gets something.

1 Like

Or just stick to the old way. If you donate, you get the pet. If you do not donate, you do not get the pet.

In these days of instant gratification, I’m surprised they would make this kind of mistake.

EDIT: Now that I think more about it, it is not a mistake. If they are going to sell it later on why not make the goal high while promoting a reward system that discourages donating. The “Why donate when I can wait for others to get the reward” mentality will lead to it failing and Blizz can now sell them for profit instead of charity.

1 Like

It would be nice if they decide to give anyone who donated $20 or more both pets regardless of hitting the target.

1 Like

25% to go, 20 days left.

They changed it up so all the donations go to the charity 100%.
It’s basically just Blizzard pointing a big arrow at them saying “give these guys money!”

1 Like

Will be interesting to compare it to the older way once all is done.

(Old way - Blizz’s cut) or (New Way) which will end up larger.

Some of the old ones were apparently already 100%. The Cenarion Hatchling was a 100% charity pet if this page is correct.

~https://www.pcgamer.com/world-of-warcraft-charity-pet-sales-contribute-1-9m-to-tsunami-relief-efforts/#:~:text=World%20of%20Warcraft%20players%20around,the%20game%20back%20in%20May.

1 Like

Yeah, but they moved off of that because players were raging on about conspiracies’ regarding their motives and profits and…

Oh… nvmd. I see Blizzard can’t win regardless. Carry on.

2 Likes

I donated with the idea of helping giving pets to all players… <3
Just think about the players without many resources to get a cheap pet from the store right now (specially the ones from South America, Russia and small European countries with doomed economies, and Turkey I heard too)
Store stuff is bad for the game but many quality pets and items are there

They could by simply going back to their first method. Donate 100% and give them to the individuals who donate. Once when they tried to add in caps and other methods did they get hate. This current one is also stupid and they deserve to get called out for it.

The thing with caps was just the Arena toys for the prize pool. I don’t think any charity pet has had anything like that previously.
Also letting people donate direct to the charity while still rewarding them seems like a smart move all around, imo. I honestly can’t understand why people are against it. You even have people angry about Blizzard getting a tax write-off when that’s not how this event even works.

Anduin has raised so much.

Varian would be a proud pile of ash.

FWIW I made a tracker page that automatically refreshes. It pulls the MSF donation data once every five minutes (regardless of how many people are accessing it, so if y’all watch this page rather than theirs, it saves them bandwidth!) and also does some math to show exactly how much time is remaining, how much more is needed to reach the goal, and the average dollars-per-hour needed to reach the goal.

Right now it’s not looking great, but hopefully some streamers or w/e will get a couple of big fundraiser drives going and give it some extra juice.

https ://jessjon .es /wow-msf/
(take out the spaces)