Ban Deepcoral Pod from War Mode

Deep coral pods are really fun. If you want them gone then you need to lighten up and have some fun. Everyone wants to make everything “fair” but what they unwittingly mean and what Devs hear is simple and boring… class pruning today is a direct result of yesterdays cries for balanced classes. Let the game be fun and interesting and go get yourself some pods…

4 Likes

As opposed to Warriors and Rogues, who already have unlimited mobility even without the pod. The pod simply evens the playing field, which has been tilted against casters for far too long.

1 Like

There isn’t a melee in this game with unlimited mobility. Out of all melee classes monk is by fair the most mobile with rogue coming in a close second. Even they have a limited number of times they can close the gap.

P.s. I not at all saying to ban or remove deep coil pods.

It’s super unfair for melee, hunters and all other motion based casters can blow up targets without penalty

From my perspective they might as well be. I have 2 “get-out-of-my-face” abilities. They have a 45-second cooldown and a 60-second cooldown respectively. Any melee class can instantly counter them and get back on top of me, and those counters are always up because they have much shorter cooldowns than mine do. In addition, nearly all melee classes have snares, which are either passively applied, or have extremely low opportunity cost. So even running out of melee range is impossible.

The pod might not be be the best answer, but melee uptime is far too high against ranged opponents. I for one am enjoying the melee tears, because they finally are experiencing the same kind of frustration that casters have had to put up with for years.

I the only melee I ever had a hard time countering on my shaman is a rogue to be quite honest. As for pvp casters have always been strong from the 4sec mage in vanilla to the affliction locks of BC. Caster have never had it any harder than the melee classes with dealing with classes that counter them.

1 Like

I call BS. Moonkins, for example, were absolute rubbish against melee for probably 10 years, and only got good anti-melee tools around the WoD expansion.

Moonkins have had tsunami since wrath. And have been called boonkins since the day I started in wow.

Um… what? I’ve played a Moonkin since 2005 and I’ve never heard of an ability called Tsunami.

And yes it’s true that “Boomkins” could blow stuff up if you were dumb enough to let them free cast. Sic one melee on them, and they would fall over like a paper tiger. At least until WoD…

I my be wrong on the name of the spell, as I have never played a druid but I am referring to the push back spell they were given back in wrath.

As for a caster falling over like a paper tiger, that was the trade off for being a glass cannon you did have much armor and if a melee could get to you and stay on you they would kill you

It’s Typhoon.

Even without Typhoon a boomie should have no real issue with melee either, druids are extremely slippery and a lot of damage can come from instant casts and dots.

1 Like

Thank you Sir. :cowboy_hat_face:

Present tense, yes absolutely. Moonkins are really good against melee right now. Prior to WoD, that was not the case at all. Typhoon was/is good for pushing people off cliffs, but the cooldown is longer than Charge, Cloak of Shadows, or Death Grip, so it’s always instantly counterable.

And that is my main point about caster vs melee. Any time a caster is able to open up a gap, the melee opponent can instantly take it away again. It doesn’t even take any planning or skill to do that either.

Please describe this “unlimited mobility” in greater detail.

I’m not certain you are understanding the definition of either word as it pertains to the game.

I’ve been describing it in several posts. It means that any time a caster manages to get away from a melee attacker, which takes a lot of effort and planning (Shining Force, for example, isn’t effective if your target is standing uphill of you), the melee attacker can jump right back onto his target, with minimal effort. It means that all of the gap-closers in the game have significantly shorter cooldowns than gap-openers. In short, it means that melee uptime on their targets is damn near 100% no matter what the situation is. And the frustration that the OP feels when fighting someone using the pod is the same frustration I feel all the time when fighting against melee attackers.

1 Like

I get it no. You didn’t misunderstand, you were just wrong.

Ok.

1 Like

All of which is counter playable. For example you mentioned Heroic leap, there are several ways to counter that ability one being shining force them away once they leap in fear and save your trinket for the stormbolt stun. The most important thing is to watch for there cooldowns and counter them with yours it’s all about timing. With the shammy I thunder into a frost shock follow by and earth grap totem if needed.
Lastly I ghost wolf and more as much as possible. It is key as a caster kite.

Typhoon was the original OG shell, that an some aoe by shammies.

I feel part of the reason coral pods were put in, was to help those that are outnumbered…survive. I pop these bad boys any time I get jumped by 3+ alliance.

I mean honestly…who wants to chase a resto druid with a pod active?

Leave them alone… the crowd that want them ban is the stand still please while I kill you crowd…

You take these out I leave its that simple …

You introduced flight with the daemon hunter… The Daemon hunter is the biggest fail introduction I have seen since beta.

I had one do that hover trick where he hits you with chaos bolts I think they are 22k each all crits …

Everyone except Daemon hunters Monks will go play classic anyways Blizz you did it this time … Good Ol snare-craft PVP here LOL…

ROFL you need to die more …