Balancing in M+ content

Why am I complaining when sub rogue is a great spec? Okay let’s go back to the last 2 weeks. It’s been made apparent that pugging higher mythic + keys is impossible without the correct comp. In tyrannical if you don’t have a lust then the key is broken. If you don’t have a Brez the key is broken. Last week if you don’t have more than 1 dispel then the key is broken and nearly impossible. If you didn’t have hard CC the week before, stun rotations become the absolute biggest blunder in video game history period.

Wow does NOT have the population to sustain the affixes of dungeon. Either remove these group dependent affixes or revert healing changes. Let dps have ALL of the mechanics. Let healers HEAL.

Blizzard HAS ALWAYS taken a step forward and five steps back. Just why? Why do this? I get it, Holinka just moved on. Man up or just communicate why the game needs a complete combat overhaul.

1 Like

I know this doesn’t help your complaint, but as a tip: Run your own keys. You can make your own comp, and you’re never rejected.

I feel your pain. I was playing with two guildies last night, hunter and rogue. I’m a BDK. We were stuck waiting in Q for a dps that can dispel, and basically had to vet them as we invited. “Can you help the healer?” No? Ok bye. Try again. This week also had the minor requirement (not with my comp), but we also are incentivized to find a soothe as well?

Pretty awful. The previous week, I had dungeons where the CCs weren’t really that great. Then others, where a warlock would solo the affix via fear/banish.

Luckily for me, this week’s affixes are a joke. Just don’t want to invite destro locks or anyone with stationary Aoe since I’ll have to kite mobs around to keep them out of sanguine.

1. Run your own keys
  2. Play with friend and guildies
  3. Some affixes have always had comp requirements, this isn’t new.
1 Like

running my own keys will not stop half of the healing playerbase (which is non-existant compared to dps) from just not even wanting to run keys. so now only is the healing playerbase low as hell, but only 1 or 2 of them are even wanted in keys because of the meta. it’s just piss poor

1 Like

Gaaaaaaaah

too many classes. too few spots in 5mans.
cant be balanced without the Cata Hero Factory solution.

+1 for buff drums and reintroduce scrolls.

1 Like

But that’s exactly what a lot of people wanted to move away from.
And except for bursting, maybe enraging, not really…

It is actually new. Afflicted is the first affix where some classes can not interact with any way. There have previously been affixes that favoured certain classes, but never before has there been one where you literally had to be a certain class to participate.

1 Like

All of this was not an issue when gearing was capped at +15.

No, it isn’t. Raging has only ever been something soothe classes could interact with. Bursting has only ever been dispellable or eat it. Grievous has, for the overwhelming majority of players, been strictly for healers, same with necrotic for tanks. Sanguine has been a tank problem, except for the classes that could push or pull. It’s been like this from the start, and amazingly, people are even more whiny about affixes than they’ve ever been, which I wouldn’t have believed if you’d told me years ago about what was coming and what the reactions would be…

Participation isn’t limited to actually pushing the dispel button. This is a group effort, and sometimes just babysitting the pack while other people are distracted is the most valuable participation. It’s really annoying when I get blamed for a necrotic breath going off, that is dodgeable incidentally, in a group with four other interrupt classes, because I didn’t get back to it soon enough after clearing both afflicted. Would have been great if the rogue or hunter knew that their job this week was handle interrupts during afflicted spawns. But I’ll bet most of them didn’t even know they were happening. There is more than one way to help with an affix.

The mythic gear charity pile closed down, or, more accurately just raised prices. 20s still reward higher gear than their difficulty, but at least the gap isn’t as embarrassing as it was when it was at 15. At least 20s are harder than a couple of the mythic raid bosses.

2 Likes

But you could still play around those affixes even if you couldn’t directly use a spell to counter it. If you don’t have a dispel, you cannot interact with afflicted in any way.

Yeah, you could face tank raging, you could eat the bursting damage, you could eat the grievous damage, etc. By the same logic, you can just take the afflicted debuff. It’s an 8 second haste penalty not more than once every 45 seconds.

Again, there is more than one way to help the group manage afflicted, and you don’t need to be the one pushing the actual dispel button to assist. Not every interaction is, or needs to be, direct to be valuable. Just because it’s not direct doesn’t mean you’re not interacting.

Every single class can brez.

Edit: Also just reroll SP I think. After SP was the clear best class in S1 it got its rotation messed with but no changes to all the reasons you should have an SP in every group.

There will always be reasons why people don’t get invited to groups. It happens.

I started healing/tanking mostly because it was so much easier/faster to find groups. (of course, then it became fun and my preferred playstyle)

And are you SURE it’s because you couldn’t dispel the Afflicted you didn’t get invited? Were you trying to join a key way higher than the highest key you completed for that dungeon? Maybe the groups already had their fill of melee/rogues/etc? There are plenty of reasons you may not have gotten invited (or had people sign up for your key) that don’t have anything to do with affixes.

You could kite raging, you could stun the mobs when they were raging, you could kill mobs evenly to minimise bursting, not sure why grievous is even in this list because you always had a healer.

It’s not the same logic at all. Those affixes had things you could do to mitigate them. Afflicted does not. You either have a dispel or you don’t.

And what do the other four people in the group have? Why is it okay that 80% of the group can’t directly interface grievous, but not okay for a handful of classes to not have a dispel?

Only the tank could do this, the other 4 have no direct interface.

Not for the full duration of raging unless we’re talking low keys.

True. Blizz is addressing this by making 16s optimal gearing from vault since 441 drops will be Myth upgradable to 447. Still doesn’t solve how DAWG healing and tank balancing is. You HAVE to have a tank with brez. You HAVE to have a healer with lust. That’s the rules or you can’t pug anything. (Obviously non-meta works in guild groups or discord groups)

what key levels are you talking about?