Balance survivability?

How is balancd survivability now? It was awful at the start of the expansion. Has it gotten any better?

Has anything changed? From my ubderstanding is they didnt get anything new as far as survability and now everyone does more damage.

Survivability was better before 10.1.

Damage is so high right now that it’s just glass cannons shootnig at each other and seeing who dies first.

3 Likes

We do feel a bit fragile in PVE, especially with the newer world content. I don’t have a problem in dungeons because there’s a tank, but I find myself having to switch to Guardian for many world encounters or else be in wisp form a bunch as I float back to my night elf corpse.

3 Likes

If you’re specced into frenzied regen and well honed instincts you’re very tanky. In dungeons that I run I’m usually the last DPS to survive with bad pug healers.

Just ran a +19 FH today where me and the tank solod 60% of the shark boss because everyone else died.

Pug life.

Oh so its not just me. This makes me feel better.

In pvp i think its even worse than the start of the expansion as they have strongly nerfed bear forms healing and defensiveness.
If u cant run from the danger u’re just another glass cannon caster class.

And they nerfed regrowth heals on top of everything else. Ferals have it much worse because they have to be in melee range and are generally the first target attacked once they come out of stealth. In “battlegrounds” feral is absolutely trash. Probably the worse dps spec to play in battlegrounds. Survival instincts is on a 3 min cooldown and does a fine job in short arena matches, but in BGs? It’s almost useless.

I’m not asking for bigger damage or bigger heals right now. All I want is to be able to use more abilities in cat form. I should at least be able to cast regrowth, roots, and cyclone while in cat form.

Oh, and one other thing I want. We need more protection from AoE “ranged” spells. I’m all for melee abilities unocovering us, but all these ranged abilities are excessive, and half the time I’m not even sure wtf is uncovering me or how to avoid it. Totally stupid.

True, cant think of a worst DPS

Man, I don’t know what you guys are talking about.

In open world stuff, I do not die. Build for it. You cannot die.

Take the the treant talent.
Take heart of the wild.
Take renewal.

Between those cooldowns, along with standard bear, you do not die. Use the bear. The bear is your friend. The treants give you a persistent taunt on a 1m CD that gives you the opening to either heal+recover or blow some dps cooldowns. Tank with bear in between. Once I started actually using the bear, I don’t die. Hell, pop into bear for a frenzied regen on CD. Why not?

Boomkin can solo almost anything in the open world. Zaralek Cavern and Dragonflight rares are mostly 100% soloable.

In instances, I don’t take talents like the treants, but bear+frenzied regen+barkskin is still something I do all the time and I feel very capable of staying alive. This is probably my last complaint about the current boom to be honest.

honestly is pretty awful heals are terribly low and everything crushes you but you do good damage if you dont get one shotted :slight_smile: