Balance or Feral?

Sick of being asked this question for keys. How many more years before feral is an asset not a liability for m+

And yeah, I’m balance now. Still annoys me.

1 Like

With how much Blizz doesn’t care, most likely never.

I think giving us Leader of the Pack back would be a major help. Group wide Crit buff would be huge. Its already pretty much a mandatory PvP talent, why not give it for PvE aswell? Currently WW give group move speed, Dh gives increased magic damage on whatever they hit, warrior has Battle Shout(i think they still have it). As it is we got pretty on the ‘unpruning’ so I don’t think LoTP is too much to ask.

Forum Mod Edit: This post has been edited by a moderator due to language. https://us.battle.net/forums/en/code-of-conduct/

7 Likes

I main boomkin for raid but actually run Feral for M+ because it performs better. It doesn’t have what innervate? It’s the community perception of feral that needs to drastically change but that really won’t happen till we’re truely top of the pack I believe or we bring somthing in your face like LoTP or a shroud like mechanic or something

1 Like

Boomies have innervate, treants and solar beam. Boomies can cast rebirth without having to waist 3 global. Boomies can go guardian/Resto affinity without losing damage. Boomies are ranged, which is always a plus. In shadowlands, boomies get typhoon and stampeding roar baseline. Boomies will have every peice of utility that feral have, plus more (Maybe besides a melee kick).

The problem isn’t that feral is bad. It isn’t. Ferals are still a druid and have lots of utility. The problem is that boomie utility is strictly better in every way in shadowlands

2 Likes

All of which are essentially useless in M+. Mana isn’t an issue in dungeons because you can drink frequently. Treants are only useful for necro week and 95% of the time I don’t even use them then. Solar beam has a niche use if there happens to be clumped casters but I’d take a melee interrupt over it any day.

It doesn’t take 3 globals to cast BR as feral. You start casting it from cat form and shift right back as soon as the cast is done.

What loosing damage by not having the extra range on abilities? That doesn’t cause you to loose damage thats just makes things nicer. You can still use those affinities the same way any other druid spec does

Not always. This is M+ not raids so its not a big deal

So again there isn’t much of any benefit to running boomkin over feral in M+ and honestly feral has a much better output in dungeons becasue well they actually have AOE

WW monks also increase physical damage by 5% to whoever they hit via mystic touch.

1 Like

That and feral has interrupts. Boomkin only has one on a minute cooldown. Most of the time it’s not an issue unless you pull a big pack with teeming. Shrine of the Storm has several healer packs that people like to chain pull.

For what it’s worth, Feral is parsing higher than Balance for M+ right now overall according to warcraftlogs .com

Leader of the Pack would pretty much solve the problem. Yes, we have BR, but mages have AI and lust. A lesser version of AI can be provided via a scroll, but BR is also available via profession, so who cares about BR. Besides, providing utility that stops the group from dying in the first place is more important than cleaning up the mess.

I was balance on my main until about a week ago. I went from being able to take out 2-3 mobs to being clapped by half a mob (idk why or what changed but will admit, I’ve never paid much attention to healing myself when fighting) so I’ve been trying the other specs. I’ve settled on feral because it suits my play style better, but I miss my ranged spells for picking off elites without aggroing the other baddies.