Balance Druid Questions

Hey all ive thought about firing up my balance druid i really liked him in bfa im not sure but i thought i heard the playstyle was changed i remember rotating between wrath and starfire but i thought there was a bar that you could tell when it was time to change spells then basically spend astral power with star surge and keep dots up?

Also are there that many druids? Seems like theres more druids than any other class but maybe they’re just farming bots.

Ya the playstyle has changed from bfa, now you use wrath or starfire depending on the current eclipse, and the eclipse alternates. When an eclipse ends you cast 2 more wraths or starfires and enter the other eclipse. Our best legendary gives +crit at the start of an eclipse so that’s when you use 2-3 starsurges. Maintaining dots is still important in most fights, but moonfire isn’t as important as it used to be. Multi-target most of our astral power goes into maintaining starfall. There’s more to it than that but that’s the basics.

There are a lot of druids since all the specs are viable and balance is one of the best dps classes.