Balance druid is really... Really not fun at all?

Balance in wod was super OP in PvP lol. I would include MoP in that but honestly everything was a little broken in MoP so it balanced out.

I was looking forward to seeing how Thyraz faired in Legion once balance lost it’s crazy survival but he quit I guess. Balance in Legion was actually really good but just not good at 1v1 or solo play. I guess that doesn’t make for as good video edits.

I hate stellar flare i dont think it makes a difference and i always forget to even cast it.

5 Likes

I hate mushrooms, there’s no indication it’s gone out, the icon doesn’t click when you activate it, and it does more damage than an entire Starfall in one cast, the entire mechanic is just stupid

2 Likes

Well I am not sure if anyone will read this with any kind of intent but, I have been experimenting with Boomy PVE to try to get damage up , the first thing I noticed ( and this is in Shadowlands not DF) is you want to have the conduit " Umbral Intensity " applied in the forge of bonds
tree somewhere to give wrath and starfire more damage.

So I click , moonfire and sunfire ( so the npc is affected by both, if they dont nerf it) and alternate between starfire and wrath repeatedly till total eclipse kicks in and It gives me 10k plus crits on my horribly handicapped boomkin.

I chose 'convoke the spirits' buff over " Improved moonkin" on the talent tree, so what I do when i am in total eclipse with moonfire and sunfire on NPC , is click " The fury of Elune"  and " convoke the spirits" so when wrath hits in convoke the sprirts , it his for 15% more damage , because i have that conduit on forge of bonds, and 30% more because of ' umbral intensity" plus whatever total eclipse adds to the crit, and Convoke and fury  obliterate the NPC
I have not tried it in combat yet and its really gonna suck when they nerf covenant abilities in DF .   Then i will probably switch to improved moonkin form.
    I hope that helps you and I feel sorry for the dude that bashed convoke the spirits

This is the epitome of bad design that nobody wants to play. I would love for someone to point me in the direction that anyone asked to spend 20 seconds juicing up modifiers on every pull just to do some modicum of acceptable damage.

7 Likes

This is exactly my issue with current balance. Personally I think the dots ruin the spec now.

5 Likes

Precisely. They had a really decent design (although still not as good as BfA…) and then some guy was PAID to mess it all up. Unbelievable.

Same for the core druid talent that enphasized shapeshifting, it was replaced at the last minute with a boring, insignificant, conditional increase to one of our off-role spells.

3 Likes

Balance Druid sucks now.

Damage sucks, survivability blows, our off-heals are laughably bad, I spend most of my time spamming Moonfire and Sunfire in PvP cause its the only thing I can actually do.

This spec needs some serious work.

10 Likes

The spec is an embarrassment especially compared to other casters. The one talent increasing damage of your hard casted abilities but changing the spell school to astral ensuring that getting kicked on said cast will lock you out of absolutely every spell school you have is the cherry on top of the sh#t cake.

8 Likes

I’m also unhappy with the spec. I miss the Legion/BFA Empowerment system. Right now, we just feel wimpy.

3 Likes

When they announced that eclipse was coming back towards the end of bfa i went on a campaign against it. But alas it fell on deaf ears and now we only have this clunky spec that has to be overpowered to be enjoyable.

4 Likes

You’re telling me. I moved to a new server and am leveling a boomie for pve and resto for pvp. Mind, I’ve played the druid on my ‘home’ server on and off since TBC, mostly pvp, so I’m not some noob that has never rolled druid before.

I’m level ~20 and questing around Freehold. I am perpetually on the verge of death. In areas where my other characters breeze through, I am spamming healing on myself. Constantly. Desperately.

Cast times are too long for low damage. And on top of that, to do the rotation correctly, my choices are pull every wandering pirate or dog in the area or just spam wrath. So, I basically have the play the area like vanilla stratholme. Root one pirate and pull the other and hope I don’t get any wandering dogs. Meanwhile, my spriest facerolls the entire area and is done in 20 minutes.

I know I’m only in the 20s, but if this is a preview of the new moonkin at 70, count me out.

I’ll probably just roll a shaman.

5 Likes

Feral on the other hand right now is doing alright.

1 Like

Are you guys talking about retail right now? I’ve never done so much damage as boomy in both keys and raids. I’ve been leveling other toons and every random boomy I’ve gotten has lit up the charts as well.

Go look at warcraft logs right now. The top dps on every fight is either a lock or a boomy.

What is going on in this thread?

We’re talking about fun, not damage numbers. The spec really doesn’t feel fun right now.

5 Likes

Well theres retail and theres beta…

In Beta, wich will be the actual game in a couple of weeks, balance druids are doa. In retail theres combinations of covenant abilities form the covenant you got and those placed in talents.

Like Incarn+Ravenous Frenzy->Convoke (for instant 16 stacks of RF), than go on to wrath until end and place 3x mushrooms for absurd dmg both ST and aoe.

This wont be happening in DF…it is blizzards failed prepatch combinations of systems that they got zero control over.

DF on the other hand will lack these combinations and the massive nerfs havent hit retail-prepatch yet, so ofc you will still see boomkins doing good.

2 Likes

I just played with my talents and actually had a fun time. The recommended talent setup is awful since it saddles us with Stellar Flare. I went for Full Moon and related talents and skipped Stellar Flare, and it was fun and effective. Plus, skipping Circle of Life and Death meant not having to cast DoTs as much.

So is Stellar Flare mandatory for optimal DPS or no? We have way too many attack options, I want to trim the fat but not if Stellar Flare is necessary.

2 Likes

I hope not. It makes the whole spell priority system feel sluggish.

2 Likes

Beta is very different to live as well. Many talents and scaling terms have changed.