Balance Druid - Changes/Buffs needed for Season 4

please, for love of all your chosen dieties… remove the cooldown on starfall.
i beg you rethink this design choice.

5 Likes

This is more of a long-term desired change:

Get rid of the Eclipse mechanic. It makes me not want to play the only spec of druid that I normally enjoy. I haven’t enjoyed my druid since Shadowlands pre-patch.

4 Likes

The starfall buff was a ‘feel good’ buff. It’s not very impactful, but it sends the message that we’re being looked at along with an actual message saying we are being looked at. That’s good enough for me, right now.

until you realize they wont do another change for 6 months

4 Likes

it is not good enough, our spec is in shambles! our core gameplay is lame. Eclipse design is retard pls remove it blizz!~

3 Likes

Even if they are fixing the actual gameplay later, the 15% starfall buff is out of touch with the actual disparity in the game.
Look at the shadow priest buffs and then think about the fact that SP is actually doing better in high keys than balance druid.

Easy fix was to just remove the CD from stellar drift.

Firstly, I just want to say that I agree with the Stellar Drift CD removal - imo that talent was “taxing” us and giving Starfall a CD because it was designed assuming that Starfall is actually good. Starfall isn’t good anymore, so that talent should no longer come with a “tax” of a cooldown. Either make Starfall good and keep the CD, or keep starfall like this and remove the CD on SD. This sort of “limbo” where starfall is bad, and SD still incurrs a cooldown doesn’t make sense.

I’m quite underwhelmed with the 15% buff also, since Starfalls damage was already so bad, 15% of nothing is still nothing… We needed a lot more than a 15% buff to starfall for keys, which is why i was suggesting a buff to our dots and small starsurge buff to go along with a ~20% starfall buff.

You could say that destro getting nerfed is an indirect buff to us, since its a competing ranged spec, but with just a 15% starfall buff I don’t see us competing with it still, or really any ranged specs for that matter. Even if Survivals nerf turns out to be heavy, we still don’t compete with marksmanship, and it also brings bloodlust. Nor do we compete with mage, or Ele for that matter - all of which also bring bloodlust.

To be viable for high keys, our spec needs to bring substantial damage since our utility doesn’t shine much at all in a M+ environment, vortex/typhoon are whatever - we also have a high CD interrupt with niche use for some pulls, and we obviously don’t bring lust. Our off-healing with heart of the wild is one of our selling points in high keys but if the seasonal affix doesn’t require it, than its irrelevant - especially in later portions of an expansion where healer power is higher.

It may be a bit of a “silly” type of season and not the most serious, however upon coming back to playing after several months break I was hoping to be able to push high keys for Season 4, now it looks like I’m probably going to have to play resto or just do that on an alt.

Yeah I think the logic of “nerfing the top end brings the bottom up closer” is okay when things are in the same ballpark.
But balance wasn’t competing with the top end, on most pulls it was competing with the tank. And that’s not even hyperbole.

2 Likes

Is Blizzard actually going to do something about our spec?
They broke our core mechanics to the ground.

Is so obvious how they nerf and break classes that represent too much of the playerbase , but how they did it sucks, atleast give us a fun gameplay and nerf us to the ground. Both low dps and unfun gameplay just sucks.

• Just rollback to Legion Boomy version, but nerf it if u feel it was too OP.
  • Remove Eclipses are so LAME! the person that designed eclipses is a literally noob he doesnt play the game, im so mad bro like agghhh how they agreed to it??.
  • Astral power is lame with the Primordial arcanic Pulsar, you literally stop using starsurge cuz u want to save the proc for the next pull, and we end up just spamming fillers!

COME ON BLIZZARD DO SOMETHING

3 Likes

I thought balance Druid had great utility in m+ with typhoon, vortex, off-heals, treants, AOE silence, etc…

1 Like

brooo why are they like this! they are so stubborn.

The boomy kit is fine, but it’s not amazing. It’s a bunch of “meh” tier utility.
Not the perma slow of frost mage, not the general purpose use of a leg sweep, not a binding shot etc
And if you really want a utility for a strat in M+ you’d rather have the gold standard of that utility.
Make ursol’s a spammable, ground-targetted aoe damage spell spender and then we’ll talk :stuck_out_tongue:

Tree are decent at times, but it’s generally good at the start of an expac and mediocre as tanks get stronger. That’s not particularly fun.

3 Likes

I should have worded that differently. At this point in this expansion with current tank power our utility such as trees / vortex doesn’t shine much at all. Vortex is too long of a CD anyways to be overly impactful. Typhoon is okay but requires proper positioning. And binding shot is just superior anyways in all aspects.

1 Like

Thank you for the clarification.

Maybe somehow we’ll get a miracle tomorrow and we’ll get more than a largely irrelevant 15% starfall buff. Its damage is so low atm that a 15% buff results in really negligible damage gain - especially for non-venthyr covenants that don’t actually offer any damage increase scaling to Starfall.

haha good one :stuck_out_tongue:

15% buff on starfall is ~3% overall in a dungeon, and ~1% on pure single target. This is beans. The removal of IQD from the s4 loot pool is something like a ~5% overall nerf to moonkin specifically because it is the spec that gained the most juice from the cube. I’m not advocating for cube to remain, but this buff is just pomp and circumstance. Boomkin is comparatively weaker in s4 than it was to the rest of the lineup in s3.

2 Likes

Yep… 100% agreed. It’s depressing really.

I just want to see the eclipse system go, 2 wraths to do aoe . . .2 starfires to do single target . . this feels so slow motion and clunky in M+ and don’t get me started in open world content, just play another spec feral/guardian do it faster and don’t get killed when more than 2 mobs get on you.

Redesign the class is my hope, but after that talent tree preview it stays so my Druid is dead to me sadly.

3 Likes

Would be nice if eclipse was a toggle so you could choose which one you went into and then maybe there would be some actual reward for pumping loads of star surges to juice up your chosen eclipse. (To a cap maybe so that you couldn’t infinitely stack it)

Would like to see wrath and Starfire do more damage as well at least during an eclipse so hard casting doesn’t feel so meh all the time.

I’m trying to remember how eclipse worked in wrath.

1 Like