Balance Druid Changes

My insect swarm still says nature dmg on the tooltip. Is this not live yet?

1 Like

Tooltips are always the last things to be updated.

1 Like

The tooltip will say Nature damage but the combat log will say Spellstorm.

Yeah thanks, I just checked. It is indeed spellstorm dmg in the combat log and lunar eclipse is buffing insect swarm.

1 Like

Can shrooms be spellstorm as well and also fixing eclipse lag?

3 Likes

Insect Swarm’s tooltip will be updated in a later patch. :smile:

4 Likes

what about WARGLAIVES, we were promised Legendaries and pitchforks, and you’ve left us empty handed!

While I will need a raid to give proper feedback on this, please note that I greatly appreciate official word on this. My initial thoughts are that this seems like a great change, I’m excited about lunar eclipse being a more momentous thing to reach.

2 Likes

Wow I was just in a heroic with 3 balance Druids me being one of them. Time to reroll…… again

This is definitely a positive change, thank you for the improvements!

I’m not sure it will adjust much about the fact that with the nerf we went from being in a good place with Sunkin to being one of the worst DPS specs in the game. Time will tell, but I expect we will still need more changes to bring us more in line with other specs.

1 Like

still won’t fix the lack of aoe damage and the garbage inntervates that gives you almost no mana. takes you 5 to 6 cast to even get into solar. i mean Blizzard manage to completely tear this class apart in Cata. At this point the damage has been done. raid spots has been lost. Ferals and Moonkins are bottom of the barrel in DPS. Our support utilities has been strip from what we are known for. Battle res , Innervates, even turning MOTW into a Kings buff?

We are a support class we don’t expect to be to top dps but we make us useful

1 Like

This is great for raids and heroics but I can’t see it really changing anything for those of us that pvp and just do dailys (because our dps is so crap we don’t want to burden anyone in a dungeon group) Our Armor from moonkin is trash now and we don’t have the dps or heals to save ourselves from multiple spawns doing the tol barad dailys, I mean come on test moonkin yourselves they really suck in just normal non dungeon/raid content.

I’m not trying to be rude I’m just frustrated at how bad my fav class is now. (seriously check out moonkin self heals they are a freakin bad joke)

1 Like

Yeah were not a support class anymore, they took everything that got us invited into raids and gave it all away to classes that actually can dps and or heal.

Maybe I’m off base here, but I’m pretty sure Moonkin is solid middle of the pack before this change in the hands of top players. The Eclipse system works against the average player imo. Top players do well they are Mutli-dotters. And there are only 3 pure single target fights this phase. This change should make the average boomkin better too and bring up the top 2%. Single target fight was never boomies’ strength in Cataclysm. Even Sunkin was bad on single target but was like 12k ahead of the next highest spec on Multi-Target fights at end game.

classic.warcraftlogs dot com/zone/statistics/1023/#dataset=99
At 99% it’s a 91.27 out of 98.66. 2% increase with this would be 93, which bumps them up into 6th? Again could be off-base but I don’t believe they’re in a bad spot? What is wrong with them.

3 Likes

Rarely comment on forums but coming from druid discord and wanted to just applaud this change. Thank you devs for finding a fix that is genuinely a fix. Current sims/data on this shows it as very positive - in essence, we got back what we lost last week, Sunkin has died, and all boomies are normalized to start at 0. This is just a good change, and we’re very happy about it. <3

2 Likes

just use the fake queue weakaura to get around the bad part of eclipse lag (as you enter eclipse), and then benefit from the good part of eclipse lag (extra SS inside of eclipse if you queue SS as you exit eclipse)

i love you linxy!!!

While we are on the topic of things that make no sense for boomkins, can we change the boomkin pvp 4piece to something even remotely useful?

1 Like

It’s next week.

Okay. This might give me some small-tiny space for hope that classes that need help will get them.

1 Like