Bags should deteriorate after time and specific usage

I use backpacks and tool bags when I work. Eventually, those bags wear through and I have to replace them.

How many various fangs, bones, sharp weapons, bloody livers, larva acid, etc. can I carry over the years before my bag eventually goes rotten/bad? Carrying certain items should cause faster deterioration.

As the bag deteriorates, it loses slots. You can purchase reinforcement patches from tailors or leatherworkers. Maybe having an additional option at a gear repairer to “repair” bags as well.

I think this would add a much needed dimension to the game.

what an awful idea

15 Likes

Lol no. I agree this is a horrible idea. Why? Theres already enough to do in game. My repairs are high enough when people are dumb in mythics and i die hundreds of times. Ill pass having another repair bill

3 Likes

This is a fantastic idea!

1 Like

Sure, in classic. Please keep your bad ideas and your eight polygons there. :stuck_out_tongue:

1 Like

swords cannot be repaired without a full on smithy after a certain point. same with armor. Are you willing to do without for a month to get them repaired?

Interesting idea. It’s an added chore, especially for bank bags, so it would need to add a reward for replacing them or no one will like it.

1 Like

Money Bags achievement.

this is such a bad idea i feel like reporting it for inciting harrassment.

8 Likes

Blizzard would give you a position as Senior advisor to the No fun police. :+1:

3 Likes

No

4 Likes

I only support this if it applies to all gear, so every professions sells patch kits for stuff.

Actually… No throw this entire idea on the bin.

1 Like

Now that’s what I call bait!

No.

Also, print out your post in 72-point on stiff paper, fold it ‘till it’s all corners, and take it as a suppository.

1 Like

Item decay, as a mechanic, only works if implemented day 1 of the mmo’s lifespan. Adding it later is tantamount to suicide. Theres a reason mmos with item decay tend to die or have small populations, no one wants it unless they are hardcore pvpers or crafters which are a supreme minority in mmo-space.

I’m sorry but how about no, my tailor would not like having to sew up holes or remake bags nor would I like to be forced to replace them frequently. I replace my bags when we get bags with more slots so i can hold onto more and fetch more parts for my crafters

If you really want to get the playerbase up in arms, make weapon durability work the way it does in Breath of the Wild, where even the best weapons accumulate damage quickly and disintegrate when broken.

1 Like