Bags filled with fish

In 12 years of playing this game I’ve never picked up a fishing rod. So why is my bag filled with random fish?

Rewards from bg lootboxes are horrible, I’d rather nothing then some fish that I have to vendor for 20s

you seemed to have missed the general discussion forum…

that i have

That is not really a bug. I discovered as I quested through Nazjatar, I started finding fish in my rewards for quests done. I suspect one of the quests I picked up for my bodyguard may have triggered something that allows fish to show up in my bags along with other quest rewards.

I just tried a search to see if I could find that particular quest, but could not find one that did not require you to actually fish. I may have used the wrong phrasing but I’m sure someone who sees this posting might remember it and help you out with that info.

However, you can actually right click on a stack of fish and change it to fish oil which is used in crafting. I use it all the time and I’ve noticed that the fish oil is also sold on the AH. So if you really don’t want to use it yourself, or keep the fish, you might try making a little coin by changing the fish to oil and selling it.

I think even some of the fish are wanted for quests or crafters as well as the oil. I’d give that a shot to eliminate the collection and adding coins to your wallet.

There is also a Benthic item that can cause it, in my case a cloak -

https ://ptr.wowhead.com/item=169487/fathomstalker-cloak#comments

Not sure if other Benthic gear can get that fish (loot chance) trait.

@Shazzbot you are correct. I have that very cloak and it does say something about looting random fish.

Equip: You have a chance to loot a random fish from creatures in Nazjatar and The Eternal Palace.

Very handy since I don’t have the patience to fish but need fish for the oil in my crafting for all my toons. Whatever I get on this toon that I cannot use, I forward onto my other crafters to use, especially the fish oil.

If you got that fish thing on your followers then you could get fish from your missions