Bags and gear missing, can't access my mail either

A couple weeks ago I made this post on the bug report forums:

This is still happening, once a week like clockwork. I’d appreciate an explanation as to what is wrong with this character that this bug that keeps me from actually doing anything for hours at a time keeps happening.

Thanks in advance.
Best regards.

There is a rare bug that can pop up - but this can also be from a corrupted UI.

Have you done a proper reset UI when this has occurred?

1 Like

Heya!

Do you mean like a wipe from the WTF folder or /reloadui? The former, no. The latter, yes.

Like I said on my post on the bug report forums, it’s not a huge deal, but I can’t help but wonder why this toon (and only this toon), and why once a week like clockwork.

I’ll try doing a UI wipe just in case, and report back in a week or two if it indeed does solve it.

Thanks for the insight. Pray to the light that this works!

That’s a sure sign of something corrupted in your files on that alt. Back in Wrath, I had a bank character that would always disconnect while trying to use the auction house. No other alt had this problem.

Turns out, something in my Auctioneer files specific to that alt had gotten messed up. I had to go into the bank alt’s WTF files and delete all entries associated with Auctioneer. That was the only thing that gave me a permanent fix. It sucked losing all that AH price data and settings, but better that than constant relogging every time I opened the AH up!

I just want to reiterate your only doing half the job if your deleting the WTF gota delete cache and interface and /reloadui does nothing if its a corrupted ui.

If you just rename the folders vs. deleting them (as detailed in the Support article linked below) then you can at least save your settings and addons in case the full UI reset doesn’t end up helping your situation. Although, it is safe to outright delete the Cache folder.

Resetting the WoW User Interface: https://us.battle.net/support/en/article/7549

1 Like

The only addons I use on this character are ElvUI and TSM, so it wouldn’t be a traumatic experience deleting everything. Even if I were to lose the TSM accounting data, I was gonna wipe it when Shadowlands came out anyway so no biggie.

Thanks for the replies, everyone!

EDIT:

Well, I reset the UI following these instructions, to no avail. It happened again.
Gear/bags disappeared and I can’t even interact with the mailbox or the guild bank. 100% clean UI. No cache, no WTF, no Addons.

i.imgur.c o m /aB0irpi.jpg

:cry:

2 Likes