Bag UI Issue (Not using bag addons)

Okay, so this is weird and I have been trying to figure it out off and on for the past few months. My demon hunter, who has the exact same bags as my priest (hexweave for all 4) has 3 bags to the left of the backpack with 1 bag above it. On my priest and all the others who have hexweave as well - they have all 4 hexweave to the left of the backpack.

The 1 stacked bag is driving me nuts! I have a very specific way I like to organize which uses the top portion of each bag and the in game options to sort by trade goods, consumables, and equipment.

I know there are addons that can help - but what I really want is to know why on 1 character 1 bag is stacking but it doesn’t do that on my other 10+ 110 characters?!?

I have tried looking at settings, for commands, and even to see if old addons may have bugged it out. I have removed all bags - slotted smaller ones - then swapped back - to no luck.

Any help is appreciated.

You don’t need to have addons specifically for your inventory for something to go hinky with it. You should still attempt a UI reset.

3 Likes

While resetting didn’t itself fix the issue, it did force me to take a look at the interface and system settings more closely. I toggled between characters and found that in Action Bars section of interface my DH didn’t have the Bottom Right Bar and Bottom Left Bar selected in the game menu. I use Bartender 4 and normally that fixes any bar issues - so on newer characters (those from legion on) I hadn’t been manually turning on those bars in the game menu!!!

So: to fix a stacking issue of bags not going across screen but rather clustered: check your action bars!!! (if you DON’T want the clustered look turn them on)

3 Likes

Bartender4 allows you to set up profiles.
I have one profile for pet classes, one for healing classes, and one for general use.

When I make a new toon, I just have to select the appropriate profile rather than manually set up all the bars.

1 Like

I have profiles like you mentioned. This was an issue that BT4 doesn’t fix though as it was another UI component. Rather it was a setting in the WoW menu that shifts your bags. It is cus of my OCD :stuck_out_tongue: I love BT4 and the profiles as I would spend 4 hours per toon otherwise!

2 Likes