Bad Player Looking To Get Better

Hey Guys,

I’m a long time very casual player. I never did much end game besides LFR. I would like to change that. I’d like to put effort and thought into what I’m doing with my rotation and other stuff.

I’m looking to become better so I can participate in end game raiding and make myself a better candidate to do so.

If you can provide any tips, macros, and insight to help me I would appreciate it!

1 Like

Welcome welcome. If you want a basic guide to rotation and stat priority and essences, you won’t be ill served just going to the WoWhead and Icy Veins class guides. They’re decent enough for covering the fundamentals. That’ll serve as a base for trying to improve things. From there you can move to simming yourself at Raidbots for more personalized tips.

For example, you’re gemmed for Haste when you should be going Crit. Fury just loves Crit to trigger your CSHB Azerite trait, plus Haste falls off past about the 20% mark. There’s also a lot of better Essences for you to pursue, if you want to invest the time and effort.

1 Like

Yes, as Althiala mentioned head over to icy veins and that will get you like 85% of the way there.

Then as you have more specific questions you can come back and she and Aeden will mold you into a fury warrior of legend.

Hey man, so I took a quick glance at some logs you have and I gotta emphasize Althiala’s recommendation on reading the class guides on wowhead or icy-veins first. Here’s the link just to make it easy:
https://www.wowhead.com/fury-warrior-guide
You’ve got so much going on that I just can’t go into an exhaustive list - you really need to give the whole thing a good read and then get some new kills in that I can look at. That said, I hate crappy teachers who just say “read the book”. You asked for help so here ya go.

1. You have to fix your essences ASAP. Essences take time, either because of a big grind or time gated content, so that’s why it’s so important to get on top of this part immediately. Do you want to be better at Fury? Then get Blood of the Enemy, rank 3. No excuses, knock out the grind, enjoy big dps. It’s your go-to major essence in almost all circumstances. You’re already working on Purification Protocol, good for you, keep chipping away at that. You also need the Conflict & Strife and Focusing Iris essences.
  2. Good Azerite, but switch ‘Reckless Flurry’ on your shoulders to ‘Heart of Darkness’
  3. You’ve gotta get better corruptions. Farm wakening essences, and start buying some Twilight Devastation, Severe, and Strikethrough as they hit the vendor and you can afford them.
  4. Your rotation is very rough, you need to really read that section of the guide in detail, and log some practice time on the dummy. I’ll paste some notes I posted elsewhere on rotation.
2 Likes

In BfA classes are pretty simple. Just google FURY WARRIOR PVE and go to one of the many websites and follow whats written in there. Then its all about grinding endlessly for gear. What differs good and bad players in PvE scenarios is their gear (aka luck or time spent grinding) and their ability to dodge purple/red stuff on the ground.

You will find out that going a step further of LFR is pretty simple, you should be able to clear Heroic in a week or two!

That’s just not true. But it is a oversimplification I have started to expect.

Hey guys, I appreciate the input. I know my rotation is rough. I have always been a lfr player so rotation wasn’t a big deal for me but now I’m trying. I also made changes that were mentioned.

I have a question.

I got the sword from Heroic raid boss but it has 70 corruption and I can’t wear it. I am supposed to level my cloak to gain resist to wear it ?

Yes, given your current setup I would strongly advise that you leave the sword corrupted and upgrade your cloak until you can comfortably use it.

Your Severe I corruption on your ring is very good, but the corruptions on your wrists and gloves are pretty bad. Unless I botched my math, you could cleanse those, equip the sword, and be sitting at 50 corruption. Being under 40 is preferable but 50 is manageable in most easier content plus you know it’ll be under 40 in just a couple more visions.

Made the change, I’m at 55* now, thank you for the help!!

Great to hear, enjoy the Twilight Dev! Quick check of the chart says you need a level 11 cloak to get yourself back under 40 corruption fyi.

Thank you so much! I will be working on that this weekend but first I will need to learn more about the visions and maximizing my time in there…this is what has stopped me from doing them, I don’t want to waste mats.

1 Like