Bad Idea to play all expansions with a DH?

I’m really loving the Demon Hunter class but I haven’t played through any of the expansions yet, and was wondering if it would be a bad idea to do BC and forward with my DH since I’d be way too overpowered.

Is there a scaling option or is my best bet to just take my DK and do all the content up to maybe MoP? (unless I should probably start later?)

Playing DH in low content means you’ll get virtually zero EXP. I would level the DH to 120 first and get started in the end game there are alot of weekly lock outs. Level another character afterwards through old expansions after your settled in with the DH at 120. Almost everyone has multiple characters, and many have all classes at 120.

There is a list of advantages to getting to 120 first including buying heirlooms so your low characters to get a 50% EXP bonus with better gear. Almost all the players are in BFA we just got a new patch, and the zones are highly populated.

1 Like

okay thnx, I figured. Just wanted to make sure.
Gonna have DH as my main, and just have my alts to go through the expansions.

It sucks though cuz DH is really fun and put a whole new level of enthusiasm in the game for me.

You could always find a friend at the level of the content you want to play and party sync, which would bring your DH to a similar state it would be in if it was ever that level, you would get xp by doing that

1 Like

Also, it isn’t linear like i think you are envisioning it. It’s not like playing through the xpacs is like playing through one cohesive story. Plus even if you tried to play through all of them while lvling up, you wouldnt be able to without outleveling the content and going back. At this point, any past expacs are lore/story and farming, and nothing else. If you wanna see the content, lvl your dh to 120 then go back through whatever content you want at your leisure.

1 Like