Back to no resources

With the resurgence of Covid we are back to zero resources… 3 hours in EPL yesterday resulted in 1 RTV and 3 plaguebloom, not 3 stacks… Zero dreamfoil, zero MSS, even arthas tears were wiped clean. This morning 2 hours in WS and Azshara. Zero herbs, 1 RTV. There are people camping nodes all over both zones. Hunters using eagle eye, warlocks using eye of kilrog, shaman with far sight scouting entire zones and they guild mates spread out across the zones running straight to spawns. Totally forget about lotus, they are instantly picked even if you get a quick glimpse of one.

So is our only option actually EXPLOITING pathing to solo farm instances? That is ridiculous and has it’s own limits. There is simply nothing else available and many of these things no other way to get them. Few on the AH and what is there is at 500-600% of the normal prices. This is not sustainable!

2 Likes

Sounds like you need to learn how to farm.

6 Likes

yes that has to be it… No, that’s not it…

2 Likes

Idk, just picked my 3rd Lotus today.

1 Like

Not that I believe you in the slightest but what server?

1 Like

Old Blanchy, medium pop PVE server.

My guild hasn’t struggled with resources at all. You probably shouldn’t have picked a super server, that’s one of the cons. The open world is just much more competitive.

1 Like

The open world wasn’t designed for the amount of people in it. Everything is in pretty short supply. If it wasn’t for instanced farming arcane crystals would probably be 200ish gold right now. Luckly almost 90% of the consumes I use need dreamfoil which I can get in DME. If it wasn’t for that I would probably be spending 500-700g a week in consumes. Even as a mage having to farm that much gold a week for consumes would be pretty dumb.

No, get it straight… You are on one of the lowest population servers out there. Less than 1/3 the size of the largest servers that are not layered.

Our server had 2500 people on it when we joined it. It now has almost 7k.

I suddenly question all of my life choices, and my existence is invalidated by the size of my World of Warcraft server.

6 Likes

That’s one of the pros of playing on a smaller server. You can’t have all the benefits of being on a small server and large server.

3 Likes

You simply do not have a horse in this race and do not understand the struggles. The server we joined was that same size as old blanchy and is now nearly 3x the size in 2 months time.

But we are forced to suffer because everyone else decided to come here when they locked the mega servers? We came here because it was moderate-small in size and not it is a high population server 2 months after transferring from a server of the same size for better raid times. This is out of control.

Literally as we’re having this discussion:

https ://imgur.com/a/r8J77eP

1 Like

I enjoy playing on Deviate Delight…medium pop server that has a more authentic feel. I’d hate to play on an overpopulated server. Pros and cons for sure… one of the cons being world resource availability.

Guess I will transfer my farmer there and just transfer full level 10s off every couple weeks… Thanks for the tip.

You do you boo boo

And yet his server is still above the average Vanilla server. That should tell you how badly we need population control.

The only what you would get that at this point is if Blizzard literally forced everybody to spread out. Then pretty much every server would have somewhere between 2.5-4k players. But they’ll never do that.

I agree they wont do that. It will forever remain one of the biggest flaws and let downs of Classic. Along with Xrealm BGs.

1 Like

What should they have done differently? Just opened a bunch of servers in the beginning and merge them a month later? The mega servers are mostly the result of layering after all.

1 Like