Back after a long break, what now?

Quit some time in BFA, can’t remember how far through.
Am max level, 317 ilvl, was wondering what I should be doing to get my ilvl up?
Can’t remember much about wow as I’ve played so many MMOs since

Well, for the next few hours you can pick up an ilvl 400 sword doing the Korrak’s Revenge event. (It will end with the anniversary event early tomorrow morning.) Once you pick up the quest inside the battleground, you can complete the objective by killing the NPC in Zul’Drak for the Amphitheater of Anguish event as most people skip it inside the battleground. (It’s a series of quests, one of which is to kill the needed NPC.) Then just queue up again to turn in.

Outside of that, the next priority would be to get Naz’jatar unlocked. (There’s a quest early on for an ilvl 370 weapon.) Once you’ve got world quests unlocked, the quest for Naz’jatar should pop up automatically. If not, head to the boat and you should be able to get it there.

Naz’jatar has Benthic gear tokens that are ilvl 385. An early quest will give you a free piece of gear and you’ll also get a quest to upgrade it. If you hold off doing that quest, you can instead use the 20 mana pearls they give you to buy 4 more pieces of Benthic gear. (You can collect more mana pearls by doing the various stuff in Naz’jatar.)

A bit into Naz’jatar, you’ll get a quest for Mechagon. Quest there until you get the trinket reward from a quest there. (I think it’s about ilvl 400, but I can’t remember for sure.)

Beyond that, the regular gearing paths apply. Heroic and Mythic dungeons. Eternal Palace LFR (and then the hard difficulties if that’s your thing.) Do the hardest content you’ve got the gear for to get gear to move up in difficulty.

3 Likes

Thank you so much, that’s all the info I need!!

It is pretty fast to get the Benthic gear, something like 5 pieces (doing the non azerite ones first) to 400. I just did this on my Hunter “other main”, after it landed in Naz over the last couple of days.

Then 8.3 patch is 415 ilevel gear, from the new area/hub whatever.