Back After a Decade, Just Need a Quick Rundown

So I used to play pretty regularly but was always crappy at it, stopped playing video games generally for a really long time, and now me and a buddy are back at it and it’s super fun still, just on a basic mechanics level.

I first tried out a Warlock and only sorta liked that, but wound up making a Death Knight and level boosted to 120 - still wanted to be able to use swords and heavy armor and stuff to scrap heavy, but also spells and stuff appeal to me. Long short is I just kind need a little direction as far as a couple of things.

• “Right” way to play a Blood Death Knight (in other words how to not be grossly inefficient and pick the wrong stats, abilities, etc)
  • How to get cool gear (I figure quests and things but am not sure where to start) and also what’s the “right” gear for a Death Knight (I’d like a sweet looking armor set and/or sword or something, or just a place to look up what gear is cool these days)
  • What/if any profession I should go after
  • Decent ways to just make a bunch of money and get materials for turning into stuff

Big apologies if this violates any kind of rules, and I definitely don’t need like a super in-depth anything, just looking for a little bit of direction. Links to actual guides would be super helpful too - I literally have no idea where to look as far as gear, quests, raids, or even advice, so this seemed a decent enough place to start. Thanks!

The Class/Spec guides at icy-veins.com are pretty much the goto source for configuring your class talents, spell rotations, gear, enchants, etc.

They usually have an “easy mode” section that is useful while coming up to speed on the intricacies of the spec.

You generally won’t go too wrong with picking herbalism/alchemy as a profession.

Professions are now organized by expansion and each expansion has it’s own trainers. You can learn BfA alchemy and start right in on BfA recipes. You don’t have to level alchemy through all preceeing expansions.

The darkmoon faire has a monthly profession quest that awards 5 points to the profession in the highest expansion level you have learned.
To get the quest, however, you must be at least 75/300 points in the Classic level of the profession. An hour or two leveling the profession to 75 in classic zones will save you a lot of money and time leveling it in higher expansions where getting the last few points in a profession can be a grind.

Excellent, this is insanely helpful - thanks so much!

Forgot to add wowhead.com as the site to use for quest and general info as well as guides,

hell yeah, thanks so much

If you’re into looking cool, you’re going to like the transmog system. The transmog system lets you make your gear look like any other gear of the same type that you’ve unlocked, and transmog farming is an activity that many people enjoy. You “unlock” any appearance that is soulbound on your character and is your character’s armor type (plate for DKs) or any soulbound weapon you can equip. (You can’t unlock stuff that’s specific to other classes, though, like Paladin tier gear, although sometime there are some non-class locked look a like options.)

A good place to start would be to browse through the appearances tab in your collections. I’d probably start with the sets tab, and see if anything looks cool to you. As a Blood DK, you’ll be able to solo any dungeons and raids up through Warlords of Draenor content, and any Legion dungeons. Legion raids are also doable for the most part, but you might need to gear up some first, and there are some challenging fights and a few that aren’t really solo-friendly due to mechanics.

1 Like

Nok and Udiza already have you covered for the basic information you’re looking for, I just wanted to add that asking for help on the forum is certainly not a violation of any kind. You’re always welcome to post any questions you may find yourself asking here. If the subject you’re asking about has the potential of violating any rules, we’ll be sure to let you know. :wink:

1 Like