Azure Span unplayable

Blizzard please. You really need to do something about the lag in Azure Span. It’s quite bad that 1 of your new xpac zones is completely unplayable due to lag. You’re a multi-million dollar company that should have the resources required to upgrade and fix a world sever. I can understand issues post launch, but it’s been enough time to where should should’ve/needs to be done. A zone shouldn’t be unplayable weeks after launch.

10 Likes

It’ll be acceptable after their maintenance on Tues, but within a day back to awful. That’s what happened last week.

yeah the lag there is so bad!! i cant move on as that’s where i’m at, my quests are currently there and have no other place to quest… i don’t have friends on low pop servers either so… please lower the amount of people that can play in the span before opening another intsance of it.

Cobalt Assembly and Iskaara need to be set on their own shards separate from the rest of the zone, if the tech allows it. The lag in Azure Span is really unbearable.

Oh, and fix the freakin stafe-stops-working bug while you’re at it, it’s disgracious.

The lag is off and on for me, sometimes it’s non-existent, other times it makes being in the zone almost unplayable, and I can’t find a common cause, Blizz really needs to figure this out.

While you are fixing the Azure Span issue, could you also fix the soup event to at the very least respect class, if not spec, gotten 2 guns and a bow as a warrior.

There were like 50+ people at the last Soup I went to and I had no lag. But I stepped out to the center zone area to kill a rare. There were about five others there and I couldn’t get back on my mount. Couldn’t log out. Reload oddly worked but it made no difference. Some weird lag hijinks there…

I have felt the lag pretty badly. Does anyone know why?

The number of people in cobalt/iskaara or some other issue? Obsidian rep grind is also nuts now but I don’t have much issue in Waking Shores.

Is the dungeon seated in this zone? I know it’s instanced, but for some reason I get lag in the dungeon too.

well, at least the fanboy brigade has not descended upon you for mentioning this…
i broached it in-game a few times and got ganged…
accused of everything from computer inadequacy to isp inadequacy to ‘git-gud’ to
my mom…
the defensive toxicity of our gamer t-cells is escalating…sad that after nearly 18 years of playing i’m considering other options.
i’ve always considered it constructive-criticism to note the weak-spots.

When the feast is on it lags the zone

There was a blue post on the customer support page in one of the threads about the lag issues in Azure Span. Said they were investigating it. Several days ago, though lol.

I get a bit of lag but my PC works way harder in that zone…temps jump up and my fans spin up enough to be annoying.

For the first time in… ages, expacs even, my computer locked up and I had to reboot from the lag. My fault, I think for getting impatient and queuing too many requests before realizing it was lagging, but still.

I wonder if it’s related to the new systems. I don’t think the encryption issue is at the base of this, but I sure loved the behind-the-scenes that they did regarding the technical aspects of the launch. I want more of that.