Azhara LFR needs a nerf

I can’t believe I just read a post stating that LFR… LFR… needed a nerf.

LFR isn’t raiding… Still, you’re correct in saying that the LFR-only crowd would refrain from actual raiding.

The real tragedy of the LFR system is that people treat it as a capstone experience. I wish Blizzard would develop a better system to get non-raiders into community… and I wish there was a way to show non-raiders that, yes, they actually CAN do this.

I agree, I’m just not sure what way that would be. Maybe if we form a guild dedicated to knocking on players doors and asking them for a moment of their time to talk about normal difficulty raiding

The system is there specifically because they don’t want to be in the raiding community. You guys need to stop thinking that people think it’s entry level raiding. The vast majority of LFR has no intention of every doing anything besides LFR. If it didn’t exist, they would not go to normals, they’d just go back to ignoring raids.

2 Likes

Try communicating with your raid.

The reason we think that people believe this… is because people believe this.

Some people think that LFR is simply the easiest level of raiding. You see them in the game, as well as these forums.

Why?

Because they don’t want to do things on a schedule.

Because they don’t care about challenge or prestige.

Because they don’t feel like keeping up with the gear grind.

Because they don’t like what they see of raiders.

Because they don’t want to live in a pressure environment.

And for me personally, if I didn’t have a guild, i wouldn’t do it because I’m not entertained by raiding anymore and haven’t been since Wrath.

2 Likes

Pugging is a thing.

Not sure why this is an argument against raiding.

LFR has an ilvl requirement.

From what I have seen, the perception of raiders, by non-raiders, is incorrect.

Is raiding a pressure filled environment? There is a raiding group for everyone, even those who want to take it easy.

Interesting point. What about it do you find uninteresting? Or rather, what did you find interesting at one point, but no longer?

So then why are you doing it?

I’m confused.

Literally trade chat “10/10 H and 4/10 M LF the one thing you don’t play as. Link Mythic achieve or don’t even @ me”

1 Like

Yes. This is how video games have always worked. If you’re not skilled enough to defeat something, you do not progress.

1 Like

Trash fights where you’re dodging instant death mechanics as melee and BfA has some of the dumbest ideas for bosses that just feel like being trolled. Behemoth and Ashvane come to mind.

Trash in Wrath was a lot more simple to deal with.

2 Likes

Then don’t play with that guild.

Don’t assume that guild is somehow indicative of… well, anything. There are as many different raid guilds as there are raiders.

Giving bad players an easy mode doesn’t harm the players who aren’t bad. I just don’t get why people who don’t use lfr care if lfr is easy or not

3 Likes

It often (not always, but often) prevents bad players from improving.

You’re right, but not every player wants to improve and would give up sooner than trying harder. That’s where I’m coming from, not that I personally use or lfr outside of transmog

Kids these days.

“You must press buttons to receive loot”

“I don’ t wanna”

I hate people. May you wipe one thousand times.

1 Like

I get you, and even as a raider, I’ve run LFR a few times (that’s how I know it sucks).

I’d be good with a no loot raid, other than the gold and grey/green item drops from trash mobs to pay for repair bills. I don’t want the gear,in most cases. You can farm pearls and make better gear than you get in LFR. I just wanna see the story.

/shrug

1 Like

Because the peons that are beneath them are getting gear that resembles the gear they get but with lower stats and that is an insult to them.

2 Likes

Kinda confused.

I went in there not knowing anything about the fight, and we got it down first try with ease.