Azhara LFR needs a nerf

I personally have no problem with LFR, it has its place for the people who are in the game for the story, which I am myself. But I also love challenging content hands my guild still progressing on heroic ashara.

For people who love to enjoy the questing, read the quest text and really get into the lore. LFR is perfect for that, in the early days of vanilla and BC blizzard will put all this time into the raids but a very small population would actually get to see him.

If you really love the lore, but didn’t love to raid. You would never get to see illidan in BC who is literally and the opening cinematic of the expansion. And that really sucks for those people, LFR doesn’t have the most rewarding loot anymore it’s mostly just there for people who want to see the raid but don’t actively raid & guilds or pug

My only problem with LFR, is when you have these people come to the forum’s screaming about elitism and toxicity and you look at their progress and all they have done is LFR and is decked out in benthic gear. You have no right to complain about players doing difficult content if you’re just calling them names because you can’t or won’t try out the content.

4 Likes

LFR is what keeps trash players like me from trying to join your regular raids. you should be thankful TBH.

2 Likes

OPs complaint

so easily wiped by peeps not doing mechanics

Essentially he’s saying it takes too long because they keep wiping. That’s not a complaint about time, it’s a complaint about how the boss isn’t a pushover and won’t be 1 shotted with 50% of the group afking.

What are you even talking about? I’m very satisfied with the game. I enjoy it. Lfr is lfr. It has, by far, the easiest mechnanics, yet people still complain. They ought to just make it a video of the bosses being killed, then just give you loot at the end.

I never said it needed to be nerfed. You can look at my profile and see I haven’t run LFR for this raid at all.

I’m responding to the general disdain you displayed for LFR. There are people who don’t want to raid regularly. I do Heroic at the most and even I don’t feel like finishing these raids. They’re boring as hell.

1 Like

Alright so none of this is a personal attack on you. However i keep seeing this “dont have enough time and dont have the skill”.
Listen everyone of us started out as baddies. I remeber legit being “that” hunter when i first started in TBC. However i learned. I read up and watched videos. Challenged myself to get better and here i am a much better player than i was. It just takes putting effort into getting better to get good enough to down stuff in Normal with a decent guild or pug.

Then lets talk about the “i just dont have time”. This is the one that triggers me the most. I am a dad of three boys working and 8-5 with oncall. I am also on several boards and committees throught my town as well as a raid leader. I provide food and flask for my raid teams every week as well. If i can find time to improve anyone can.
I am not saying i am a great player by anymeans but what i am saying the tired old excuses hold no water to me.

I don’t lfr, it’s not a personal attack because I am not defending myself. I don’t see why other people have to improve to enjoy the story, not everybody wants to get better because not everybody enjoys raiding. I am not one of those people but it wouldn’t affect me if there was an easy mode that casual players could go through

1 Like

Because this whole catering to casuals has been really bad for the game as a whole. Follow back all the things Blizz has done to appease them and notice its detrimental impact on the rest of us. Example. Guild loot.

I have gotten every Aotc since I returned to raiding in Nighthold.

There are a few LFR the gold to buy Long Boi would not be enough to bribe me with. LFR Kiljaedan is one. And knowing this fight on Heroic, LFR Azshara and decrees is another one.

Nope not doing it.

2 Likes

Sometimes, but lfr is really not one of those situations. I cannot think of a single reason lfr existing in an easier state would impact a heroic+ raider

3 Likes

It’s too many difficulties. We’re dealing with extreme ilvl inflation because of 4 difficulties and titanforging. We’re already going to be around Legion ilvls in the next expansion.

1 Like

This is a different problem imo, I don’t see why every tier has to be a 15ilvl increase

1 Like

Because titanforging exists. Also I think there’s another problem as well. When having so many difficulties it means that you’ll be running the same raid on multiple difficulties in hopes for upgrades. Instead of the old system where you would run multiple raids each week now we’re playing the same raid on multiple difficulties.

We didn’t quite need to make each raid +500 wipe bosses but we also didn’t need to make each boss a walking training dummy. I see little to no quality experience to be had in LFR personally.

This imo leads to burnout much faster than what we’ve previously had.

At first glance it doesnt i agree. However consider the following said in Bill Nye voice

It vastly decreases the overall skill of the player base. From trying to pug M+ to trying to find raiders. Giving the human race the “easy button” is a bad idea. It also removes potential raiders from the pool of recruitment which really sucks as a raid lead. Lastly it devalues the existence of Normal and Heroic. Handing out heroic level gear for doing WQs (i know not entirely what we are discussing but its in the same vein imo) is quite demoralizing. Knowing my effort put into learning Za’qul fight is seemingly a waste of time because i could just go farm easy content for equal gear. Loot isnt the main reason i raid. I enjoy being part of a team and defeating something as a team but loot is also a part of that rewarding feeling. Thats greatly diminished now.

Really? I did all of LFR while semi-afking some fights. We only wiped a total of like 3 times and two of them was on one boss.

No, that is what you say, don’t put words in my mouth. But if you want to put it that way, there are people out there that likes to do WQ and emissary quests, applying you own logic here

WQs cannot go over 390 if it doesn’t TF, emissary quest go above LFR once you are 407, they are giving you normal raid level gear to progress even after reaching the max ilvl you are suppose to have once you are completely done with LFR (400), and even better gear if you are into pearls.

LFR gear is 400 because normal is 415, pushing LFR even 5 ilvl higher takes it too close to normal raiding, which is not suppose to happen unless you are damn lucky.

Not farming pearls or doing emissary quests to get better gear is like not wanting to participate in normal or higher raids, you don’t want to do “x” content for “y” reason, so you let it go. If you don’t want to progress any further just because you don’t like how things are, you will have to conform yourself with what you can get.

I think a lot of players who use LFR as their primary raiding experience wouldn’t do normal instead if it was removed, but would instead stop raiding all together. Like I said I am not one of these players, but I would still feel bad deterring people from the content.
I don’t think players should be forced or pressured into enjoying the game a certain way, but I do see your point.

4 Likes

Did we just have civilized discussions on the WoW forums? Quick insult me! Lol

1 Like

Your mother is a grain of sand

1 Like

Much better. Whew we avoided disaster there

2 Likes