Azhara LFR needs a nerf

LFR isn’t supposed to be rewarding. It’s for people who don’t have the time ,friends or want to put the effort into raiding. Normal isn’t even rewarding.

LFR = why does this exist?
Normal = easy mode
Heroic = Normal
Mythic = Hard

2 Likes

for you buddy, but the most active raiding tier is actually LFR and all those players aren’t there for story mode repeated 40x or more. They are there for the rewards.

you have trouble understanding the bulk of the playerbase I see

1 Like

If they changed the formula of World Quests to where it had story progression then I’d think it would be fine that way. It’s threads like this that really make it seem that people who want to do LFR really didn’t have an interest in raiding.

Being fair to OP, LFR did have a role in casual endgame for several expansions. It used to be most of the best gear you could get outside of raiding. That’s no longer true, and it’s no longer rewarding for a non-raiding player to farm LFR week to week in order to gear up (unless they ignore all other non-raid content that is).

1 Like

It is for story mode. That is why world quests give higher lvl gear.

2 Likes

LFR has determination buff
what more does a person want?
damn the casual catering some people want is getting out of hand imo…

2 Likes

Maybe it would be better to make lfr just one long cutscene of a raid group clearing normal or heroic.

Because Ghostcrawler’s goal was for it to be a segway for players into actual raiding. That design goal failed and gave rise to players like OP. It went from being a legitimate intro to raiding to story mode, it’s fine as it is if Blizzard feels it’s worth keeping rather than outright removing.

I have a lot of regrets about Raid Finder for WoW. I am sure I worked on features that were much, much worse, but that’s the first one that came to mind.
To be clear, the goal of getting more players into raiding is a good one. But the way Raid Finder turned out removed, IMO anyway, a lot of the epicness of what made raiding raiding. I also haven’t played WoW in a few years, so it’s entirely possible they have solved the problem by now.

Players who consider it endgame when it really isn’t and was never meant to be are akin to the ‘its real to me damnit’ wrestling meme.

3 Likes

If your favourite endgame is raiding find a group and do normal?

2 Likes

Why? World content gives better rewards. You could get a full benthic set and upgrade it all to 25 ilvls higher than lfr gear.

I haven’t set foot in there, what’s killing people?

Truth-- you never needed LFR to progress normal and beyond. It was never a Major Progression Step in the progression latter.

1 Like

I want a PvP vendor but Blizzard decided RNG and OP PvE gear is better so if I want to PvP I have to pray for random drops and do mythic +. If you don’t like it show them with your wallet and quit.

Sure, but it shouldn’t even be Azshara anymore. Just have an npc named Hand Maiden of Azshara with different color hair.

Shouldnt be rewarded at all for being bad imo

1 Like

LFR has its place. People who can’t be a part of a normal raid team can still get raid loot, albeit gimped versions of the real thing. The problem isn’t LFR itself. It’s people who use it to say they know the fights or that they’re experienced. In LFR mechanics are either missing entirely or they’re trivial at best.

1 Like

I don’t care if there’s a reward, I just think bad players should still be able to experience the content

1 Like

Agreed, but the level of challenge should be proportionate to the reward and there is no challenge in LFR. If it functioned as a legit story mode that incentivized actually being social and conquering a more challenging version i’d have no complaints.

I am guildless

First night was one shot in lfr. Worst ive seen is 2 stacks. Ghuun youd see 4 or 5.

I don’t do lfr because normal pugs are easier though, lfr is usually a headache and I only do it for mog pieces. Yeah it’s because of other players but I think it would be much easier to decrease the difficulty than try to encourage people to try harder.
Lfr being easier wouldn’t be for ME, but I don’t see how it affects players who are doing heroics and more anyway so why not?