Azerite Gear reforging is a sick joke

Well the kultiran model creation showed us Blizzard forgot how to do things they’d already done in the past. Clearly, they forgot how to design a gear system that incorporated all the upgrades after moving on from having multiple sets of gear.

It’s like the entire development team went back through time and they haven’t learned all the QoL designs that existed before BFA.

2 Likes

And the worst part is it punishes people for experimenting with different builds. So Blizzard throws all these azurite traits at us and we’re supposed to either guess at them, choose randomly, or do a lot of research out of the game in order to find a good build?

Why not make them easy to change so that we can try out stuff and find out what works for us? In fact, why not let us choose from a list of traits rather than waiting on randomness to give us stuff that works best?

I guess that goes against the slot-machine development philosophy currently in vogue for WoW.

1 Like

this is one of the critical problems I see. There are so many traits that are so niche in their use if used correctly and can have incredible effects (flashpoint on conclave for example) but at the same time there are some traits that you can’t sim - coincidentally - like flashpoint! So while sims may say it is better and you believe it to be if the fight doesn’t have a lot of adds or a constant stream of 80% hp+ mobs then the usability goes down the tubes.

I have constantly look at lockonestopshop, mmo-champ, icy-veins, wowhead and the Warlock GD forums to just gather all the intel to create a semblance of analysis to determine which traits are better. It also doesn’t help that the ambiguous language within the traits don’t give any idea as to the proc chance. “Your spells have a chance…” or “your spells and abilities cause…” like…what is that even? 10%? 20%? 5%? There’s no form factor here and it’s all guessing and simulations and even then you could be targeted by a boss during a fight and one change from the normal rotation could screw a bunch of things up. Far too much RNG upon RNG, I wish there was more concrete info to go off of.

1 Like

In WoD the Procs in trinkets and the like had a small (insert proc rate per minute here).

Im not quite sure what was the thought process when the dev team decided it would be a good idea to remove that, as it granted clarity among many many MANY trinkets the game has to offer. Can’t they do the same with Azerite, trinkets and weapons with effects?

You should get another set of gear. I have/keep getting duplicates and I’m sure other people are as well (since there’s a lot of complaining about it).

Just start collecting other gear. I have a pvp set and a pve set. I used to have an Assassination set in both as well, but I just chunked it all for bag space.

I just wish the cost didnt exponentially rise. Or max it at like 200g or something.

to play the game.

if they arent going to change reforging ccan we atleast get some extra slots for Azerite gear, wtf i have 6 pieces in my bags FFS

good players don’t need to reforge

So a druid’s resto spec would be ok as a tank spec in a raid? OR would it better for the raid if their gear was aimed at tanking? And vice versa

Well people respec’d back in the day. A lot. Unless you were dps, you had to change your spec to gather mats for raiding. Then you respec back to your raid role

The thing is, even if the traits auto swapped when switching specs, it doesn’t mean they are equally geared. Ex. A BiS Demo piece isn’t the same piece for Aff.

There’s probably some overlap here and there, but that’s probably outliners rather than the rule. Having them auto swap would let you have BiS for your MS while being up to par with your OS (rather than potentially SOL). For truly optimal play for all specs, you’d still need three sets.

2 Likes

it would be better if they picked the spec they were good at and stuck with it

Some guilds expect you to be good at multiple specs for different encounters. Hunters have a melee and a ranged spec. Many of the talents overlap, but of course the spec specific ones do not. Game play flexibility

During the world first race Method had to contact Blizzard because many of the raiders reforge cost went over gold cap (10m). So Blizz had to actually cap the cost at 9,999,999 so they could reforge. But hey, they aren’t good players, right?

Reforging Azerite gear is silly, so is keeping multiple sets. They said they didn’t want slots locked in… yet it turned out there are key azerite traits that work best and now it’s done for multiple scenarios for peak performance. Farming it, keeping it in your bag, it doesn’t seem fun to be honest. I think if they had a cool necklace system from the start, it would be fine in my books. The added other gear slots not only doesn’t feel fun but it’s probably a pain in the butt for those more serious progression folks who actually need to do all that work.

I genuinely think they could of done a better job with the Azerite system from the start, it was voiced in Alpha and Beta and still ignored.

Because Blizzard wants you to obtain additional pieces of Azerite gear in order to be able to swap specs, rather than reforging, therefore increasing time played, therefore increasing length of subscription.

They literally don’t want you using the same gear through different specs, such as in Legion. It’s working as intended.

As usual the game is designed for us to setup multiple sets that prioritize different stats and talents. Collect multiple sets of azerite.

You shoild never be wasting g old reforging.

Thr ilevel of the azerite gear doesn’t make a big difference. You are really after the talents.

I can guarantee they woulda been fine without reforging. They chose to change specs multiple times on every boss. Is that how normal guilds do things?

It is as I and other players have pointed out. In-game taxation on respect. They dropped one tax just to place another. Blizzard really just want everyone to carry around multiple sets of gear in their bags. So junked your bags or pay double every time you reforge. Good news is they also reduce by half everyday you don’t reforge. At least they put in that. They could have been total a holes and just let the G price keep doubling.