This forum is a total shame

It’s a total shame that Blizzard cannot do anything about the bad mechanics this forums has. Out of spite flagging has not been punished nor fixed. There’s threads that are still auto locked by this shame of a forum.

Seriously Blizzard, you should had used your own talented employees to create a forum that is worth the name of your legendary company. Not this garbage where mods are unable to give proper answers or unlock threads that got locked out of spite.

https://us.forums.blizzard.com/en/wow/t/why-high-elves-dont-work-a-primer/19431

This is a -shame- of a forum. Your employees do not feel like they are humans. A human being would had this issue fixed a week ago. And I want to believe that this is not their fault as responses from tickets suggest.

If you cannot have a decent system for a forum you may just not fire community employees (blues) and let them moderate the forums instead of this system where literal trolls have the power to close threads and mods seem to not be able to do anything about it.

Edit: Feel free to let any comment you want about the above -shamelessly- locked threads.

20 Likes

If I remember right, the systems these new forums are on was actually developed by another company? So it’s possible Blizzard can’t really do anything about it, or it would take a lot of work.

I would say that people could just stop being such a-holes and not abuse the system, but… lol

Well that was a lot of misunderstood information.

The forums are indeed programmed by a 3rd party. Blizzard sends them fixes and forum features they’d like implemented. Some are quicker and easier than others to put in place. But they’re definitely a work in progress.

CMs don’t moderate the forums generally. There’s a forum moderation team that does that. They rarely if ever speak to us outside of sending us messages when they moderate us.

The forum features that cause threads to lock are intended to cool things down when there’s a lot of negative activity. That’s definitely something that can be tweaked, but I think you’re being a bit melodramatic about it.

People are indeed being actioned for misuse of the forum reporting system. You just don’t get to see that, so you’re assuming that it doesn’t take place. It doesn’t appear to take place with any great frequency, but I don’t get to see any more than you do, so I may be missing stuff behind the scenes as well.

Overall, the new forum system has been a bit of an adjustment to me as well (I’m as resistant to change as anyone at times). But overall, I’ve settled in and it’s not all that bad.

17 Likes

The extreme abuse of the flagging system will not stop until Blizzard upholds their word on punishing people who abuse it. I am more than certain nobody is being punished since we’d see plenty of threads from players crying about trying to help clean up the forum but got punished for doing so. Blizzard wouldn’t be fast enough to delete those threads without them being seen first.

So until Blizzard actually starts punishing people for abusing the system the reporting will continue being used as a dislike button.

2 Likes

You can’t seriously believe this. lol

1 Like

I said Community Managers but i could totally change it to ‘blues’ or something. Editing.

But whatever. The system is bad if it let trolls to do this. A whole week with some days before that getting occasional locks is unacceptable. I’m not being melodramatic, i’m being real.

1 Like

I can, and I do, if only for legal liability purposes.

2 Likes

Green text is proof indeed.

1 Like

It must be a team of 1 guy who works night shift from 9 pm to 11 pm one night a week then.

MVP’s are regular players with green text, they aren’t anyone special. Many times they are wrong. You can’t take their word as gold.

6 Likes

You should probably post a bunch of cuss words just to test it, then. I bet you’ll be actioned in no time.

1 Like

There isn’t a doubt in my mind that the automated system would suspend me after numerous reports.

Don’t take me wrong.

I appreciate his response, i really do. And i think he gave a great commentary overall.

But certain people take his words at face value because it looks official.

If people report you. I doubt folks waste reports when someone puts “crap” in their post. And I have had a mod edit that out of one of mine before.

You haven’t seen numerous people wanting to be able to report even more people because they run out of reports each day? I’ve seen a number of people making those comments.

Sure, but I’m saying they probably aren’t reporting people that censor their swear words and things like that. They’re using reports on people trolling, or posting about FF14 or classic over here in GD.

They definitely do exist even if it they don’t always seem active, posts 4 and 24 of the following thread were edited by one:

the forums auto lock, allow unsubbed people to post, Count likes from the alts of the a poster, do not have account bound trust levels, and to top it all off aren’t even developed by blizzard.

Am i missing anything?

Also the vast majority of GD mvps are useless and do not post anything valuable. (i do tend to exclude crepe from that list)

3 Likes

I consider this to be a good form of vigilante justice at this point. The portal thread and the strider threads feature tiny handfuls of people (some overlapping) saying the same tired cliches “Blizz hates its players”, “time-gating!”, all upvoting each other. It’s pathetic, honestly.

I muted the portal thread a month ago, just clicked it since you linked it. The most recent response is by one of the SAME culprits that has been in the thread since day 1.

What the forum mods should do is take the Top 5 posters in each of those threads, band them for a month for Spamming. Then we’d never have to worry about rogue thread locking again as these ridiculous discussions would sink out of sight.

2 Likes

So now abuse of the flagging system is vigilante justice. lol wow.

4 Likes