AWC 2021 Gets Started Today

You literally told a gladiator to "git gud,’ troll. Here’s your reply. We know how much you want it.

well… yesterday i played for like 2 hours with a gladiator, he didnt have a single complain about me, we got hot streak, we killed several mage comps, we didnt have any troubles with combust. So i dont know where you are coming from to comment like that. Do you even pvp?

Here’s your reply, troll.

Man this Blue thread is going down in flames. RIP

2 Likes

First blue post post in months as an advertisement, people flaming each others crs, people asking for nerfs.

This is amazing.

2 Likes

Counterpoint!

This thread is :fire:.

21 Likes

Woohoo drama! Back to the old days of Arena Foruming, the way it should be

Indeed :laughing:. Everyone is just excited for the AWC to kick off. This might be the most watched season of AWC ever. I honestly feel it is going to pull huge numbers compared to the past few seasons.

You are middle management material

Honesty though, do you guys have ANY plans to do any pvp balancing in near future? Buffs for some underperforming specs, nerfs for others? SURELY you’ve noticed the community upset about the issues like combust, seed, etc. SURELY, your only posts in the PVP forums is not just to advertise and then something completely unrelated. Can you at least address it? At least tell us you have NO plans if that’s the case. Your paying customers deserve to know.

9 Likes

i just dont like when they try to nerf specs in every single pvp thread… its frickin annoying. Specially when you have so many different specs being competitive and performing well. Why not just enjoy the game and get better if you are getting slaved by x spec or comp.

I mean we are miles away from cookie cutter bfa pvp.

People like to complain about mages and paladins being OP but then i watch a spriest/rogue/rshaman team absolutely destroy every single comp at 3k rating 3v3…

Well, it seems like the concern is valid when arena tracking sites show that fire mage and hpal specs make up 10.5% and 11.8% of 2200+ 3v3 comps. However, the classes you mentioned spriest, rogue(sub?), rshaman are 7%, 6.4%, and 3.7%

People enjoy watching this dumpster fire of a game? :rofl:

PvP is only fun in this game cause it’s a meme at this point. Expecting them to actually try to have competitive balance after 16 years is a joke in itself. They’ve come close a few times but PvP has been in pretty bad shape for the past 2 expansions and SL is looking more of the same.

Now I’m only a TBC S1 glad as a Holy Pally (my current main is a Rogue)…so you know everyone clicked and back peddled their way to victory :rofl:
The fact they still haven’t figured out a way to at least address the gear issues people face for PvP in both the random and rated environments is hilarious to me. It’s why when I came back to the game near the end of MoP I ended up focusing on PvE more than PvP. At least in MoP and WoD I could easily gear up PvP alts without having to deal with toxic people like Procop here.

Nowadays though I just stick to being a PvE hero, doing raid carries so I don’t have to pay for my sub. When I want to get my competitive juices flowing I’ll stick to playing Dragon Ball FighterZ solo or League with my old WoW friends who no longer play this game.

3 Likes

Let’s GOOOOO

They don’t know. The person in charge of advertising is not in charge of game design. They may even be an intern, no bully.

yeah but thats due to popularity and how easy it is to push to 2200 with x spec or comp. That doesn’t mean those players can get past 2800 playing their mages and paladins. Its like with assa rogue in bfa… if you wanted to get an easy 2100cr you played rogue (or mage) now its mage/pala.

How popular a spec is doesnt tell you how OP said spec is. It tells you about its balance between easy of use and power.

1 Like

I’m not sure exactly what your argument is? You say “so many” specs are competitive but the numbers clearly show the top heavy represented specs are the ones everyone has issues with. The same ones you see r1 glads streaming with and admitting are overturned. Then you even say that their “balance between easy of use and power” is disproportionate. You must then admit then they could at least address that? Or does balancing for the vast majority of players not matter?

So again, I’m not sure what your point is? Does blizzard address the majority of players concerns or only focus on the very top end of 2800+? What’s more important and why do you think they can’t lift up the other specs. Where do you even get the data that spriests and company are dominating 2800+?

You need to check which specs are present in the top 200 players, and which specs predominate in that bracket to see which specs are viable/competitive regardless of how easy or difficult they are to play and/or how OP a spec is.

If you dont see a spec being represented at all in the top 200 then it probably is under performing.

Representation below 2600 right now means nothing tbh. Just means how easy or difficult those specs are to play and do good with.

10 hunter pets and a mist weaver were sacrificed to bring us this post.

Ok then show me where exactly then. Because blizzards own top 100+ shows Paladins having 24% representation, with holy paladins being 14% in total. Yet, spriests are 6%. You made the claim so show it.

Here’s the link btw https://worldofwarcraft.com/en-us/game/pvp/leaderboards/3v3.