Average timer says 1 minute

First try I get a team that has 2 blizzcon murlocks with a one minute que. Now I have tried queing 4 times at 10 minutes each wait and the timer still says one minute but I cannot get in after 4 10 minute tries.

Something fishy going on. I never do pet pvp because of it never working. every once in a great while I will try but it is always something like this.

It’s quite obviously broken.

I don’t know why I would expect quality in this part of the game when it doesn’t happen anywhere else.

Oh wait I just noticed most the posts in here are weeks old. I guess no one but folks with things like blizzcon pets even bother doing pet pvp anymore.

I had to be super bored to even try.

If you want fast pet PvP queues, wait for pet battle week.

2 Likes

A lot of things have been affected now that everyone is grinding out levels in Classic. Once everyone hits level sixty and says “okay, now what…?”, they will start trickling back into retail.

Same thing for me with the timers. I also only seem to get matched up against the same player using the fox, clutch sister and the bone serpent. For like 3 months now…lol. I don’t bother anymore. It’s no fun playing against the same person with the same 3 pets over and over and over. I have 1062 unique pets, I like using them all! The state of pet battling is kinda sad. No one battles anymore =(

What a shame wow quit caring about anything.

A simple fix is, as I have mentioned in the past, is to provide more rewards as incentive; pets, toys, titles, mounts. Maybe a small reward for every 100th win through battle find, like a pet charm, and a major reward every 500th or 1,000th win. Ten achievement points with nothing else isn’t really incentive to suffer from 1,000 to 5,000 with all of the meta comps you will constantly face. I too like to play with many pets, and I make some good teams with them, but they are no match for the triple tier-one comps I go against unless I end up with hard counters, and even then no guarantee.

1 Like

Or maybe the fix would be to stop giving any rewards or achievements at all. Then could get back to the idea of just enjoying the strategy part instead of constantly going up against players who are just using the Meta of the Week to get their grind over with.

What about if everyone’s team was randomized from their blue L25 pets at the start of the match? I stopped battling because it was either run the meta, or run the counter - which is not interesting at all. This way, you never know what pets you are getting or what pets you are up against until the match begins, I think this would be more fun tbh.
Also rewards to equate with the size of your pet pool (bigger = better) to stop people from only having a few ‘well chosen’ pets in their menagerie

1 Like

You can’t remove the achievement. Remove that far distant carrot and the queue will suffer greatly because players will deem themselves to have finished. They need something to work towards. I maintain to provide closer carrots to motivate them.

I am an open proponent of a randomly assigned team from your menagerie queue, and am surprised it hasn’t been implemented yet. The tier one teams are the reason players who wet their beaks in pet battles instantly turn away and never come back. Simple fix for the a-hats who would try to circumvent this by only having ten tier one pets in their menagerie would be for any player with less than 300 pets to have their random team roster to be filled up with tier ten critters. It’s not too difficult to get to 300 pets now. Let the tier one and sunny day teams play against themselves and let the rest of us who want to be innovative have some fun get our own queue.

1 Like

IMHO if they cared about pet battling, they would make these changes:

1. Universal, all-server queue pool. Wait times should be far shorter.
  2. Never play the same opponent twice in a row by default. Give the option to request a rematch using the same teams and loadouts.
  3. Do balance passes AT LEAST several times each expansion. Deal with longstanding issues like Murkalot’s “Righteous Inspiration” ability - let everyone have a few equivalents, or nerf it.
  4. Re-tool the pvp achievement to be something more metered. Put in a weekly pvp quest to win 5-10 matches or something, and the achievement is to get this done X amount of times (for example). The current achievement is toxic, no question.