AV win loss ratio on Alli

being around 3-5 % wins for alli, is there anything Blizz planning to do to solve this situation? As it is right now ppl are not even trying anymore, only standing in the back leeching HKs for honor, those who actually try are doomed from the start.

Seems to me like this is a serious issue

In b4 horde disagreeing

2 Likes

They have been leeching Honor since the start. People have never tried. The only time you win is if you get lucky to have the majority of people trying and they actually listen to someone giving directions.

Seriously though, people have been leeching since day 1.

9 Likes

its not the point tho, the problem is the 3-5 % win ratio. im sure ppl on horde leech too, but its way more temptingto do on our side since ppl are not even trying to win

The people on the horde actually play defense. If you touch Tower Point or even IBT they will come back and defend it. The alliance doesn’t. simple as that. They move as a team and we don’t.

10 Likes

is it equally easy for a likely-skilled and likely motivated team to win on either side?

I don’t think so, but I’d like to see it swap sides and/or have faction vs faction and/or both, as that could alleviate queue times, and even win/loss ratios out.

1 Like

They should have used an earlier iteration of AV

4 Likes

not really true at all. But the premade discord for ally resulted in a lot of bad games because the premades didn’t get the amount of certain players or roles they wanted. Which caused games to start off in favor of Horde. But if you where one of the lucky BG match that didn’t wait to dodge, you had a guaranteed victory.

There are fewer people leeching on Horde because Horde are sitting in queues for 2 hours for a single AV.

2 Likes

Map structure is a huge handicap to 1.12 for alliance… thats why no one wanted 1.12

5 Likes

This, when you play horde it feels like 40 vrs 20 once we crash the initial zerg.

How dose this transform to unfair advantage?
When your whole team actually tries, you can win. Every AV I’ve been in over the past two weeks horde has maybe 2 afkers. We run up to bal’s building and adjust to what side Alliance is taking then flank, then 99% of the time half the Alliance team just gives up.

We use the /bg chat, and actually work together as silly as it may sound, I can only imagine what anger is filled in the Allaince’s bg chat.

2 Likes

So perhaps the match needs to start at Galv, and put a ramp up the back of IBGY so Alliance can flank Horde.

Oh wait- that would be unfair, imagine flipping the map so Alliance gets the entire middle uncontested, has a choke to reach SHGY while IBGY has no choke, and the Horde cave is twice as far from IBGY as the Ally cave to SHGY.

That would be unfair, giving Alliance the advantages Horde gets.

6 Likes

So alliance can give up and not try to win with more landmines on the map?

Sweet, the alliance are still at a 95% loss rate with half the team AFK.

Alliance could win more if they didn’t give up before they begin. I’ve been in so many games where a few people say hey let’s win and a bunch of others say no, we’re gonna rep farm SHGY

1 Like

They can’t make the alliance fight and win. That’s up to the players to do.

6 Likes

That wouldn’t help either unless changes were made to honor to bring back the rankers.

The alliance teams are almost entirely sub-60 or fresh alts on 60% mounts. The Horde teams are mostly rankers. A team of 40 sub-60s and alts in quest greens is going to have a bad time against even 25 rankers.

Forget all the nonsense about moving the cave or changing the map. If they cared about alliance win rates, they’d tweak the honor to bring back the alliance rankers.

Alliance used to win AV almost all the time, now they just give up and let horde win, maybe if you guys were more organized and better at PVP, you would be fine. Nothing really changed in AV other than the players not trying to win.

The issue is that most alliance PVPers are running AB for fast honor grinds or already hit rank 14 and do no care.

2 Likes

Horde doesn’t rank off AV either fyi. The queue is far too long for it to be profitable over the other BGs.

Not solely, but every Horde ranker I’ve talked to includes AV in their BG sequence. They premade AB/WSG, and when someone’s AV queue pops they leave and come back after the win.

In contrast, serious alliance rankers don’t queue for it at all.

1 Like

I mean… they made changes and now it is the way it is. Are you confident you want em to do another round of changes? Its not oldschool blizzard and pretty much everything the modern guys touch turns to ash.

The devil you know…