AV threat: "PASS ME LEAD RIGHT NOW OR YOU WILL REGRET IT!" - Account Punished

LOL 10char

Funny story: I had 11 green dots this morning. Fortunately they were all “Flagged Post Restored by Staff”.

1 Like

This thread is still going?

I did want to clarify, it does depend how the OP was asked. For the sake of not arguing, let’s assume, they were asked nicely. I wouldn’t consider that being wronged. However, if not even asked but was demanded to pass the Leader Role, or else…then I would think that’s doing the OP wrong. Either scenario, the being Silenced is still the wrong thing to do.

1 Like

There was a post by a nelf a while back where he passed lead to the guy who asked. And it was all sunshine and rainbows.

Oh wait. No, the guy set it to master loot and gave lead back. Then said “hey, everyone report this guy AFK he tried to change it to master loot!” And he was squelched.

1 Like

Ive seen several examples of sub-60s simply queue’ing into AV legitimately and being told “leave or else.” And now have to either /afk out or risk having their account sanctioned.

This guy a week ago basically flaunting all the reasons the reason’s he flagged people including being sub 60 among many.

1 Like

Yeah I’m with you on this. Of course the discord was way abusive and toxic and were wrong for doing that to OP. It’s an overreaction for sure.
Does not passing lead warrant that treatment? Absolutely not.
But it’s also strange and kinda of a douche move to refuse to pass lead to a coordinated group simply because you don’t want raid warnings. And just because you were winning isn’t a good excuse. It’s a lot easier for a team to make calls or adjust when thy have lead should they want to make a play or adjust to what the enemy is doing.
OP was not being a team player

1 Like

That’s just high IQ gaming right there idk seems like a gud thing

I tired to set to master looter does nothing don’t bother…God i wanted that loot

sum1 told me they patched it early in AV release idk

Kind of like the a-hole rogue in WSG that runs past the druid to ninja the 3rd flag and then proceeds to fight midfield instead of capping for the win because he ‘wants to.’

This is not retail and we do not get a option like that as far as I know. The reporting must be done manually by every single player. If it is indeed simple as a message popping up then it can easily be a PUG but I don’t think this ability exists here so it’s most likely a premade.

Good job taking something out of my post and trying to use it completely out of context there buddy.

It looks like I’m spot on buddy. It’s MOST LIKELY A PREMADE.

bump for blizzard addressing this.

2 Likes

Where did they address this? I can’t find anything in the changes thread.

It’s a premade, maybe just pass them lead? It’s a horror story for sure, but maybe go the path of least resistance until Blizz fixes it?

Don’t hate the player, hate the game.

If the match was going well that’s because the premade was doing it right. They need assistance or lead to properly mark targets, tanks, war masters, etc.

You seem to not have given them assist either so they literally couldn’t effectively lead the battleground.

Since Blizzard has allowed this to happen and refuses to change their squelch system. You must continue these posts to give light to the problem, but maybe just pass them lead next time until Blizzard fixes it. Then you can go back to refusing to allow premades to coordinate via raid warning and mark.

1 Like

No way. You should definitely be against these players. These people are the problem.

1 Like

Just living with, and accepting the implied threat of account sanctions just because you happened to queue into a premade is completely unacceptable.

1 Like

It’s cheaper for blizzard to let you have a crappy experience then to pay for people to police the game like they used to do, so we have these crappy automated systems.

so, 1. report feature is broke, allowing folks to coordinate an automated system, getting you silenced for 24hrs is crappy - i disagree with the system sure.
but, 2. why wouldn’t you just pass lead? i mean, pretty stubborn if you weren’t going to be marking targets and issuing raid warnings and such.

I don’t have any sympathy really - both parties involved in this incident are edgelords.

1 Like

But only 1 broke Blizzard’s rules.

:cactus:

2 Likes