AV Max Honor Myths Dispelled

So I’ve noticed that there isn’t much good data out there about what is worth honor in AV and what isn’t, so I have compiled a complete list of everything that provides honor.

11 commanders @198 honor each
4 bunkers burned @198 honor each
3 wing commander saved @198 honor each

At the end you get:
4 towers saved @198 honor each
1 Galv/Bal still up @198 honor
1 Vann/Drek killed @198 honor
1 win the match @198 honor
1 summon Lokholar/Ivus @198 honor

If your game runs 30+ min, you get an additional 594 honor

This is 26 objectives scored @198 each for 5,148 + 30 min @594 for a max honor of 5,742

THERE IS NO HONOR FOR MINES!

If you have spent the last 2 months in AV, as many of us have, you will recall seeing more than a few games where you received 5,7XX bonus honor, and can’t ever remember getting 5,8XX or more, that’s because 5,742 is max bonus honor and the ways listed above are the ONLY ways to get it.

Please stop spreading the fake news that mines are worth anything. Mines are for starting a ground assault by turning in supplies and are worth a whopping 12 rep if you control them at the end and ZERO honor.

17 Likes

Edit pretty new to forum posting, haven’t done it in over a decade. I posted this under the wrong character name. This is my post and I’m proud of it.

It wouldn’t let me change the character I posted from and I think posting anonymously is cowardly.

UPDATED TO CURRENT KNOWN INFO:

11 commanders @198 honor each
4 bunkers burned @198 honor each
3 wing commander saved @198 honor each

At the end you get:
4 towers saved @198 honor each
1 Galv/Bal still up @198 honor
1 Vann/Drek killed @198 honor
1 summon Lokholar/Ivus @198 honor
2 currently unknown values @198 (these have been reasonably confirmed NOT related to mines)

If your game runs 30+ min, you get an additional 594 honor

This is 27 objectives scored @198 each for 5,346 + 30 min @594 for a max honor of 5,940

6 Likes

Kudos sir, did not know about the 30 minute bonus. I’ve had many games finish around 25min. Going to spread the word.

Hey, are you 100% sure about mines? I’ve seen 198 honor awarded pop up in chat after a match ending with control of the mine.

I am actually not sure, but nearly sure, see full accounting above, it is the best data I can come up with.

Not nearly as sure as I’d like to be, at this moment I am 80% sure

best way to actually verify would be to lose with everything burned down and control of only one mine. Anyone that has a better accounting of bonus honor is encouraged to add to this post, I’m happy to be wrong if it leads me to the correct accounting

AV isnt real pvp

4 Likes

You’re not a real troll warlock.

7 Likes

Agreed, but its the best way to rank and thus understanding how honor is calculated is relevant

Mines are worthless apart from turn-ins, which are, themselves way more effort than reward. Can confirm.

Great summary. Might want to add a few clarifications:

1. 11 Commanders - I assume this includes Galv/Balinda?
  2. Wing commanders only give bonus once they reach your base, alive.
  3. Tower “saved” means uncontested. If opposite faction makes it go from safe to contested 10s before your game ends, you lose the honor.
  4. Do you basically get 396 honor for winning then, since you have to kill Vann/Drek in order to win right? I don’t know this one.

these are great questions.

1. yes, this includes Galv/Bal
  2. that is correct, you are awarded the honor when they arrive
  3. that is correct, they must be uncontested at the end of the game to get the honor.
  4. also correct, you get 198 for killing Vann/Drek and an additional 198 for winning, both are technically the same thing, but will show up as 2 separate 198’s in your log at the end

most games you dominate will get 7 strings of 198 at the end, this is: 4 towers saved, 1 galv/bal still up, 1 win, 1 Vann/Drek killed; if you get 8, you summoned Lokholar/Ivus; if there is a 594 in there, your game lasted 30+ min

OK, pretty confirmed, I was just in a game where we lost, all our towers were burned, Galv still up and we controlled both mines, we got 198 bonus at the end. This 198 was for Galv and the mines definitely did not give bonus.

I am now 100% sure my original post is accurate.

rofl, ok, so I just got 5940 bonus honor in a game which completely upends all my current theory. we had everything, perfect match, summoned Lok, saved Galv, saved towers, burned bunkers, etc… had both mines

is it possible the mines are worth honor if you win and not worth if you don’t?

No longer at 100% sure … this is infuriating

we had 3,564 honor going into the final fight which follows my original theory

we had a string of 8 198’s and a 594 at the end which also fits my theory, but the total at the end suggests that the mines each also gave 198 though it was not listed anywhere in the log. I cannot think of any other source that could have provided this and yet they clearly did not give a bonus when we lost.

Anyone that can verify these new findings or shed more insight please share.

1 Like

Don’t you get bonus honor for your lieutenants/commanders that are alive at the end of the game? Or is that a urban legend like bonus honor for mines?

At this exact moment, I am no longer sure of much, but I am pretty damn sure only the captain (Galv/Bal) adds honor at the end if still alive.

Going to say that is an urban legend

I still can’t explain the extra 198, it doesn’t seem likely it was the mines because we had both. Actually you might be on to something, a possible explanation is that you get 198 if they ALL remain up, but this is just conjecture (as if the whole damn thread isn’t)

I’ve been doing my own accounting for some time and I believe there are actually 27 objectives. I did have a game today that ended up with 5940 bonus honor.

This I think is wrong. Winning the match only gives 198 honor once.

I have no idea what the 2 other objectives are but I don’t think those are mines. That being said, mines do sometimes glitch… I’ve noticed that the 2 extra objectives usually trigger during longer games but I can’t still figure out what exactly is that.

30+ minute win and protecting your bunkers/towers most certainly does.

I that was the case, lopsided horde wins where Alliance can’t even cross Field of Strife would award tons of honor, yet 5940 is the most I’ve ever seen.

Would be great to get a blue post with clarification ofc but who am I kidding…

1 Like

Good point, I think you’re right.

This is likely the culprit. My earliest conjecture came from this source:

https:// vanilla-wow.fandom .com/wiki/Honor_System

I have been using this math for years on pservers for honor calculation and it is quite sound, but the original author admits in his AV breakdown that he is not absolutely certain of everything he has in there and my own testing has concluded that his totals for killing Drek/Vann are definitely wrong.

Want more confusing data? Game completely lost, Galv dead, all towers burnt, only one mine under control and zero bunkers destroyed. Still 2x198 honor at the end. Might be time-related though because it was well over 30 minutes.
Anyway, the list on top is pretty solid (except winning/killing Drek/Vann only gives 198 honor once) but 2 additional objectives remain as elusive as ever. At this point I’m down to building a complete timeline of every AV to find the missing data. Unfortunately accurately accounting for Cmdrs/Lts kills (and wing commander returns) is difficult.