AV graveyard elites favor Horde

Ok, so you’re trolling then? That was a dumb answer.

The towers in Frostwolf Village are also much easier to defend than the Dun Baldar bunkers. A caster can stand in the west FW tower and hit the flag in the east tower with aoe to prevent the Alliance from capping it and then duck inside the room when people retaliate. This is not possible in DB due to range and line of sight.

Not to mention the fact that towers in general are overpowered with the existence of things like the spite trinket and rings of peace. It covers the entire room, and running out to avoid the damage just leads to you being punted off the tower.

I think most of the AV matches I’ve played the alliance have won (might be like a 70% win rate). I personally like to camp out in the SH bunker and throw people out windows with mind control and knock back spell. 3-5 people in those towers can hold them down unless a zerg comes knocking. One game I held the entire bunker by myself for well over 10 minutes.

The alliance side has better choke points for defense on their side near their base. It’s basically a gauntlet from the bridge area all the way to the main cap. If you’re forced into attrition the alliance is almost always going to win the zerg vs zerg if its in their base area.

Make it that much more difficult to backcap compared to Bunkers

Zerg always comes knocking … it’s right in the way of the Horde path up north

You can use a warlock gate and bypass the bridge , land right on the foot of the south bunker .

Only 2-3 people usually come into those towers believe it or not. Most I’ve seen is a pack of 10, but that was a group moving down south to reclaim towers after they took our main base. People rarely defend them after they take them because I’ve been able to take back Icewing and SH right after.

They’re easy to backcap as a class with knockbacks. Just run into the back of the tower as a shaman and thunderstorm to blow them all out.

Priests can fear into shining force or just MC people off. Hunters can use bursting shot or high explosive traps.

For Alliance to backcap against a bunker being defended by several Horde, they have to chase people around the arches that break line of sight.

What if a shaman is waiting inside to thunderstorm me as I am running inside …

Typical AV games are almost always like this.

Both teams spawn -> each side zerg rushes to the enemies base as fast as possible. A handful of people will break off and attack/defend towers along the way. Eventually you get into the enemy base and most of the time you realize towers aren’t capped. So people twiddle their thumbs instead of going back to cap towers or think you can yolo kill the faction NPC with 2 towers up.

Whichever team caps the most towers the fastest is usually the one that wins. If both sides defends their towers then it turns into the big zerg vs zerg battles a lot of the time and turns into a battle of attrition. This happens when you don’t have any spawn points and end up spawning back in your base after a failed yolo attempt against the faction NPC that one shots everyone.

AV is a 40v40 match, but it really boils down to the actions of 1-2 parties of players that determine which side wins or not.

Hello,
I agree with your assessment. My point above is that the elites at the horde graveyards make it more difficult, therefore time consuming, for alliance to take them. Kiting is fine as long as there is not any horde. Thank you for the feedback.

its concerning though when both teams have it straight going to enemy base, having towers capped, by the time Alliance have engaged Drekthar or got him to about 50%, The horde has already killed Stormpike.

Thats considered a successful attempt if you alliance.

Its just goes to show how unbalanced that BG is.

I’ll have to pay more attention to that Swordstrike. Unfortunately, I have not been in an AV match where all 4 of the alliance towers were down in a very long time. Usually have to go with 3 towers, because 3-5 Horde players in IBT can hold off 5-10 players indefinitely. I have not been in a match in the last year where IBT isn’t being defended. When players do try to take IBT they end up rezzing at Stormpike GY because SHGY has been taken already. Seen this too often.

Thank you for your feedback.

• I will agree about Iceblood chokepoint.
  • Disagree on cc in small room because any horde with half of a wit
    will stand RIGHT on that elite to break his cc.
  • Yes it would be nice if Alliance Commander was on point
  • No opinion

Bliz has agreed to fix this next patch. Give them a shout out the next time you see them. Great job!

That is great news!!

09/23/20 Disappointed that changes weren’t made this patch. Maybe Shadowlands?