Automated ban/silence system needs to be looked into, amongst other things

It’s becoming increasingly common for somebody not taken into a group to get their guild/friends/viewers/etc to mass report the listing or player.

When I first saw a post on the forums about it I was convinced it was just toxic kids whining but after seeing someone get silenced for a “group description” violation when they had NO description or something well within guidelines there is clearly an issue.

I understand the need to minimize costs, but you might want to invest in at least the absolute minimum amount of people to review the cases before handing out automated infractions.

You’ll be happy to know that these don’t exist, then.

The only “automated” anything is a temporary squelch in chat channels. They’re reviewed by GM and either released or confirmed and converted into a fixed-length silence.

Any kind of disciplinary action is imposed by a GM, after careful review. There are no “automated infractions”.

1 Like

The GMs probably have more information to decide whether or not to silence players. That can be confusing if it is not public info.

This isn’t a problem and likely never has been, there are back-end protections to prevent guilds from abusing the silence feature, if you or a friend were silenced then they likely said something toxic, were spamming or just being a troll in trade chat.

I’ve never been silenced in this game and I type in various channels often.