Automated Bans will slowly destroy Classic

There might be stages to the investigation. Stage one might be a dude reads the reported text and makes a quick decision. Stage two might be someone looks more closely at it. If someone says the “N” word in trade chat I’d imagine not much more investigation is required.

Point is saying that it happened fast isn’t really enough to conclude that it’s automatic.

lol. youre on the auto squelch is not a punishment thing huh. thats priceless.

a ban or a true silence isnt automated. the auto squelch on the other hand is.

the system is ripe for abuse to even just get the auto squelch to affect someone.

i dont believe this is one of those things that justifies classic being made.

the sky isnt falling. people are just pointing out that it can and will be abused.

Citation needed

The title of the post is ‘Automated Bans…’

Just a heads up!

i dont believe this is one of those things that justifies classic being made.

Good thing beliefs don’t dictate policy.

The system is potentially exploitable but so is anything, really. There are systems in place for the exploiters. They work just as well as right click report will work. Promise.

I do agree that the sky isn’t falling.

go have 10 people report you all at once. you will get dced and then come back and be squelched which is esentially the same as being silenced until a gm reviews it .

And you can still do quite a bit in the game, squelched or not. And , if wrong, the squelchers will be punished.

A minor inconvenience. I’d suggest not doing things to warrant squelching, myself. In all the years I played WoW with right click report available, I’ve never once had the problems you are afraid of.

I wonder why that is?

Currently unsubbed. Not paying $15 for that.

So in summary: you have no source. Or do you have a source? I’d love to see one if you did.

" Will, after investigation, receive an account-wide silence penalty."

clearly misleading if they have tiers of investigation considering it’s implying more towards it’s done completely at the time of reports, not in tiers.
Also even if it was tiers there would be no reason to not allow someone to try and appeal the squelch even if it’s during an investigation, considering that should help with the decision being made.

A human being looking at it and making a decision on it is an investigation. If it takes 10 seconds it’s still an investigation.

lol always asking for a source and then if i say i know from a person that was in my guild that got auto squelched you will say its not a valid source.

whatever. im done. go on and put the system in and watch it be abused. i dont freaking care.

Most ‘sources’ these folks will reference are already silenced/penalized accounts acting like it was automatic for You Tube views, Twitch shenanigans, clicks, pity farming or w/e. There is no source that says a squelch or investigation starts with 10 players or less.

Most of the BIG examples people refer to have been proven to be false or staged. OR in blatant violation of ToU.

And how dare you ask for a source anyhow? LOGIC HAS NO PLACE IN A FEAR BASED ARGUMENT.

2 Likes

That’s correct. “So and so said such and such” isn’t at all a valid source. There are far too many cases of people making up tauren :poop: only for us to later find out that they very clearly violated Blizzard’s ToS.

Gonna need a lot more to go on than that when the official Blizzard post on the matter says that it’s not automated. You need more than that when you claim Blizzard is feeding us lies.

1 Like

Nice strawman. Forgive me for taking a blowtorch to it.

If Blizzard were a charity, Classic would be completely free with no sub attached.

1 Like

So you see my strawman… And raise me one strawman.

Bold strategy.

How is that a strawman? That’s the blowtorch that burned your strawman down.

Besides, Blizzard is apparently allowed to have passion projects so long as they don’t detract from the big money-makers… and their attitudes toward Classic, plus all we’ve seen thus far, point to the conclusion that they don’t expect a huge turnout for it at all.

Oh yeah? Well my dad can beat up your dad.

1 Like

Can he please?

2 Likes

If it goes live with auto bans you guys are 1000% wasting your time even releasing classic. We get silenced on the forums every day because people don’t like what we say. Happens all the time.

Going to be chaos in classic when the pvp starts in open world.

Gee, a griever getting banned for grieving… What a terrible loss for the servers that will be.

That said, I do agree automated bans / silences based on reports is terrible.

I have been suspended from the forums multiple times for opinions others do not like.