Author and card reader seeking a home

Hello Wyrmrest. I’m to hit the ground running. I’m an author by trade, though work of a darker nature I wouldn’t be opposed to. I’m new to RP and am quite eager to learn. I look forward to joining the community! :slight_smile:

BTag: Splats#11142

1 Like

Welcome to the community! We have adventure RP if interested? :smiley:

1 Like

Welcome to Wyrmrest Accord! If this is your first time roleplaying on WoW there’s a few things to know.

Tip one, download a roleplay add-on. This let’s you see other people’s character sheets/ profiles, and lets you make your own. Most people use Total Roleplay 3, or TRP for short.

Tip two, keep timezones in mind. WrA is a west coast server, so our prime times are around 7pm server and later, we also have an older demographic here, more working adults, so evenings are the only time a lot of us have to roleplay.

Tip three, you’ve come at a low point for both the rp scene and wow as a whole between Shadowlands being a subpar expansion and the Blizzard lawsuit. Don’t be discouraged, there is still a community, but also just be aware of this and have some patience when searching for a long term home on the server.

Tip four, consider cross faction roleplay! There’s a vendor in Legion Dalaran where you can buy things called Elixir of Tongues that lets you understand the opposite faction, very handy for both big server events that happen now and then, and finding roleplay partners in unexpected places.

Have fun and welcome again!

4 Likes

The following will be super useful.

If you’re just looking to jump into things, you’ll find a lot of walk-up RP to be had Hordeside is in the Valley of Honor. What usually happens is you’ll be hanging in there and RP’ing with random people until you catch wind of/get invited to an event going on somewhere else that night or later that week. Take advantage of these events that occur outside of the Valley of Honor. They’re hard to randomly stumble upon, but they can be a lot of fun!

And for the past few months, we’ve been gathering a bunch of guilds together in the Drag so we can all fly our colors, talk to potential recruits and just generally remind people that yes- people still do play the game :stuck_out_tongue:

I’ll be working on a thread for the event this weekend. Check back on the forums here and there for other announced events!

And I got so carried away I forgot to say welcome to the server and to WoW RP!

Also, I added you! Keep an eye out for Joblin.

3 Likes